Thread poster: delt
delt
delt  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:59
English to Danish
+ ...
May 6, 2007

Can anyone recommend an international working debt collector?

gdesai
gdesai  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:29
German to English
I too am interested May 7, 2007

I have a client in France who owes me 680.00 Eur. I could use such a service, as well.

Veronika Hansova
Veronika Hansova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
What about ProZ.com? May 7, 2007

I have not used the service but I belive ProZ.com offers a template form requesting the payment from the client. It sounds official and may scare them a bit...

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:59
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
I can tell you a firm to avoid May 7, 2007

delt wrote:

Can anyone recommend an international working debt collector?

I used an international debt collector last year who proved most unsatisfactory. If you contact me privately I can give you their details so that you avoid using them, but obviously can't do so in this thread.
I'm sure there are good ones out there somewhere.
Best of luck,
Jenny.
jenny @ jennyforbes.wanadoo.co.uk

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
ProZ.com does not offer collection services May 7, 2007

Hi Veronika,
Please note that ProZ.com is a venue, not a party to any bilateral business relationships which may be entered into as a result of a contact established via the site. Consequently, ProZ.com does not offer a debt collection service.

Veronika Masopustová wrote:

I have not used the service but I belive ProZ.com offers a template form requesting the payment from the client. It sounds official and may scare them a bit...

I guess what you're referring to is a non-payment complaint, which you are prompted to submit when you post a Blue Board entry with a LWA level of 1 or 2. Pursuant to the ProZ.com Termination Policy, ProZ.com moderators or staff may contact an outsourcer once a minimum of two independent non-payment requests have been received. What we do in such cases is to request clarification regarding non-payment cases reported - bear in mind that the maximum sanction available to us is to block an outsourcer from posting jobs at ProZ.com, and/or to remove the user profile.

Best regards,
Ralf

Veronika Hansova
Veronika Hansova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
Thank you for explanation May 7, 2007

Dear Ralf,

thanks. As I said above, I have not used the service yet. I only noticed it exists and I did not explore its functions.
Have a nice day.
V.

Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Search the archives May 7, 2007

Hi there,

This is a subject that comes up frequently, and I remember several international collection agencies being recommended in past threads, but I don't recall the name(s). If you search the archives, I'm sure you can find several.

Good luck

Woodstock

On edit: Changed "forum" to "archives"

[Edited at 2007-05-07 09:25]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

If clients don´t pay....

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »