Mobile menu

Payment problems - request for information
Thread poster: Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
Local time: 10:58
German to English
+ ...
Dec 4, 2001

Hi all,

A colleague has contacted me today with a special request. She did a translation for someone called Elisabeth Moser (located in Germany) back in May and has still not been paid (a substantial amount), despite repeated requests and phone calls. According to this colleague, Ms. Moser never answers the phone; instead, a friend or spouse takes the calls and keeps telling my colleague that Ms. Moser is unavailable.

I would like to help my colleague in any way I can, so if you have ever worked for that woman and had problems too, please contact me by private e-mail. All assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance (also on behalf of my colleague).

Direct link Reply with quote

Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 16:58
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
An Elisabeth Moser is a member of proz Dec 4, 2001

Hi Werner!

I thought that name rang a bell. Elisabeth Moser is a member of proz.com - check out her profile

http://www.proz.com/translators/8918?bs=1&eid_c=20268

(hope the link works right).

Perhaps you could try contacting her via her proz site.

HTH

Alison
[addsig]

Hang Nguyen-Padfield  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:58
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Be aware of this welch-er!!!! Dec 5, 2001

I have the same experience. I did a project for a translation agency in Hong kong back in May (Translation Expert). The contact person is Mr. Nijel Clifford. Dispite of repeated emails, international phone calls, I have never received the payment. What they do is just \'passing the buck\'. I have heard that they have just openned a branch office in the UK. I wonder how long they will last if they keep being a such \'welch-er\' or \'free-loader\'. So, whoever working for them now or in the future, please be aware of this.

Karin KREMENDAHL
Local time: 16:58
French to German
+ ...
In the future Dec 6, 2001

A person aks translations and doesn\'t pay. You wait and wait.... then, one day, you think about lawsuit. Yoy ask a last time (after more than 6 months) for your rmoney. The person says : \"the translation was bad.\" Yes!!!!! Sure!!!!!

So, in the future - I think, it should be possible to send all our translations in \"Words\" and with Acrobat Reader : \".pdf\"

Nobody can change the content and we are sure that this original document can not be touched.

By the way, people who don\'t pay invoices when the quality of the product was bad, claim immediately after getting the invoice and not several months later.

The reaction of my \"not\" payer was ridiculous : She sent an e-mail : \"I sent a check, why didn\'t you get it?\"

French people say : \"C\'est la vie\"

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payment problems - request for information

Advanced search

Translation news

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs