Pricing issues: How low can you go?
Thread poster: Robert Pranagal
Robert Pranagal
Robert Pranagal
Local time: 06:03
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 23, 2002

If you think that USD 0.05 is low, just take a look at the recent En>Pl and En>It job:

http://www.proz.com/job?id=30014

$4 per 300 words!

That\'s very generous pricing offered by \"Alex\" no name no address no nothing...

In my opinion this is so damn crazy, that I won\'t even bother to answer the bid to say how ridiculous this is.

ampuria (X)
ampuria (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
yes. You are right. Dec 23, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-12-23 10:52, Robert Pranagal wrote:

If you think that USD 0.05 is low, just take a look at the recent En>Pl and En>It job:

$4 per 300 words!

That\'s very generous pricing offered by \"Alex\" no name no address no nothing...

... See more
Quote:

On 2002-12-23 10:52, Robert Pranagal wrote:

$4 per 300 words!

In my opinion this is so damn crazy, that I won\'t even bother to answer the bid to say how ridiculous this is.

It is only 0.013 but have a look 6 bids certainly somebody who is so crazy as the person who posted the job.Where are we going?

One day, we are going to pay to translate

but I have said what I think about these jobs and there are always somebody saying... we are poor in our country my house costs... etc etc... well I do not accept those things, the person who works for those price is a bad translator and for me I can respect those persons.

BYE. ▲ Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check this thread Dec 23, 2002

Before jumping to conclusions regarding the number of bids received, I suggest reading this thread: www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic_id=6294&forum_id=23, particularly Henry\'s posting.

Robert Pranagal
Robert Pranagal
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Is ProZ a place to find work? Dec 23, 2002

With more and more job postings of the aforementioned type, I daresay that ProZ gradually ceases to be a place for serious, professional translators to find assignments.

Merry Christmas everyone and God bless you!

ampuria (X)
ampuria (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
you are right Dec 24, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-12-23 22:34, Robert Pranagal wrote:

With more and more job postings of the aforementioned type, I daresay that ProZ gradually ceases to be a place for serious, professional translators to find assignments.

Yes, I am not going to loose my time here,I have direct contact with Telefonica,Seat and others.They pay me 0.1 euro/word and in 10 ... See more
Quote:

On 2002-12-23 22:34, Robert Pranagal wrote:

Yes, I am not going to loose my time here,I have direct contact with Telefonica,Seat and others.They pay me 0.1 euro/word and in 10 days here the other day very funny posted job : rush job, must be done very strictely, 17ooo words in 4 days payement 0.04 usd/word taht is more or less 0.036 euro and payement 60 days after invoice by draft so that is more or less 4 days work, 5 days to receve invoice by post after 60 to send draft 6 day to receve it and one month to be payed due to administratif verifications so you are going to be pay 110 days after have done the job, I know because in october 25th I made a translation and I will have my money on january 6th and it was payement in 30 days!!!!!!!. ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pricing issues: How low can you go?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »