Thread poster: Elena Carrión
Elena Carrión
Elena Carrión
United States
French to Spanish
+ ...
May 16, 2007

Dear all,

I have been requested to give a budget for different documents that will presented in order to obtain a visa. The are the usual documents: birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. I will need to translate all those documents for the family (I mean the birth certificate, the health certificate, etc.) I have not seen the documents yet, but I was wondering how should I charge them, by single document, I have seen rates of $30 per page. The only thing is that there are qu
... See more
Dear all,

I have been requested to give a budget for different documents that will presented in order to obtain a visa. The are the usual documents: birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. I will need to translate all those documents for the family (I mean the birth certificate, the health certificate, etc.) I have not seen the documents yet, but I was wondering how should I charge them, by single document, I have seen rates of $30 per page. The only thing is that there are quite a few documents that need to be translated and the total budget is a bit high so I do not if I am making a mistake or it is the way it is. In addition to this they need to be done urgently. So I would really appreciate the help you could give me.

Ps.: I hope to learn soon about this things and be able to start answering and not so much asking
Collapse

yt_translati (X)
yt_translati (X)
Local time: 08:07
English to Greek
+ ...
Prices for legal documents. May 17, 2007

Hi ESG,
Well, i am replying from the opposite shore of the Atlantic and i don't usually work in your pair of languages but i could offer a useful comment as i am dealing a lot with such kind of legal documents. First of all, it's important to know if at your place those document need an official stamp / verification by some attorney or lawyer or the stamp of translator or transation agency is enough! If an attorney fee is required extra than your payment, then the price of 30 U
... See more
Hi ESG,
Well, i am replying from the opposite shore of the Atlantic and i don't usually work in your pair of languages but i could offer a useful comment as i am dealing a lot with such kind of legal documents. First of all, it's important to know if at your place those document need an official stamp / verification by some attorney or lawyer or the stamp of translator or transation agency is enough! If an attorney fee is required extra than your payment, then the price of 30 USD per page is rather on the low end. But if that's just your payment per page, then it's satisfactory. A decent price in Greece for such a job and for common language pairs, is ranging around 20 Euros per page (but that depends on many factors) and it can reach 25 Euros per page. In your case, i would charge as an initial price 30 USD per page (and i would include in that possible seals/stamps etc. on the back side of the page) and i would offer then about 10% off the initial price if i had more than 10 such pages to translate.
I hope i was a bit helpful to you, even though we live in different countries and we specialize in different pairs.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for several legal Documents

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »