Thread poster: Karin KREMENDAHL (X)
Karin KREMENDAHL (X)
Karin KREMENDAHL (X)
Local time: 06:46
French to German
+ ...
Dec 5, 2001

Hi- I\'m Karin

I tranlated documents from french into german for a member of ProZ. She sent me an order by fax and called me too. In the beginning, she was nice - the work was pressing. When I finished, she said that she sent a check (\"I don\'t understand why you didn\'t get it\"?????). then, she said: \"I will send the moeny by bank transfer. Then, she said, she was ill.... And finally, I never got the money. 3.000 FF (I\'m living alone with my daughter and I really need this money)
... See more
Hi- I\'m Karin

I tranlated documents from french into german for a member of ProZ. She sent me an order by fax and called me too. In the beginning, she was nice - the work was pressing. When I finished, she said that she sent a check (\"I don\'t understand why you didn\'t get it\"?????). then, she said: \"I will send the moeny by bank transfer. Then, she said, she was ill.... And finally, I never got the money. 3.000 FF (I\'m living alone with my daughter and I really need this money) and.. shoot! I worked for it! When I call her today, her friend answers... She also translates polish and english. If you want to know who she is, you can ask me by e-mail.

[email protected]

Collapse

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:46
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Karin Dec 5, 2001

I tried to contact you personally via email, but the message came back. Please contact me at this address: monika at albaniantranslators.com

[Edited at 2006-05-23 00:18]

Brigitte Gendebien
Brigitte Gendebien  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 06:46
English to French
+ ...
She's not the only one Dec 6, 2001

I also realised translations for members of ProZ who never paid me...

Laura Molinari
Laura Molinari  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:46
French to English
+ ...
Report them Dec 6, 2001

If they are Proz members who are non-paying after a good amount of time (2 months or more), you should report them to Proz.

Perhaps Proz could send them reminder messages that if they don\'t settle their accounts with translators, they will no longer be eligible to use the site.

Inappropriate comments in the forums or Kudoz are moderated and not put out to the public, so should job offers from companies with a known history of non-payment.

... See more
If they are Proz members who are non-paying after a good amount of time (2 months or more), you should report them to Proz.

Perhaps Proz could send them reminder messages that if they don\'t settle their accounts with translators, they will no longer be eligible to use the site.

Inappropriate comments in the forums or Kudoz are moderated and not put out to the public, so should job offers from companies with a known history of non-payment.

However, Proz won\'t know who the non-payers are if we don\'t tell them.
[addsig]
Collapse

FL?zaro
FL?zaro
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Should someone indicate any means for defense in cases like this? Dec 6, 2001

Even if the blamed part is not a Proz member?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Member of ProZ - bad payer

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »