Mobile menu

Translation of web-site from english to hebrew
Thread poster: adarziv
adarziv
Local time: 07:35
English to French
May 24, 2007

hello,
i'm currently translating a web-site from english to hebrew for a british salesman. work also includes translation of a small commercial leaflat. translation is marketing oriented. the web-site is mostly flash with many informative bullets. approximately 11 web-pages with repetetive texts. 2 word-pages for the leaflet.
i've been asked to present a translation fee as bulk. how much do you think i should ask for, in british pounds?
any answer would be greatly appreciated.
Thnx, adar

Direct link Reply with quote

Stephen Rifkind  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Time May 24, 2007

Dear Adar:

Estimate how much time it would take to do. Estimate how much other translation you could do if you didn't take the job in that time. Then, make it "sheve" for you to translate that site.

It's all about opportunity cost.

Stephen Rifkind

adarziv
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Web-site Translation from english to hebrew May 24, 2007

hi rifkind,
thanks for your reply.
i'm basically doing this translation job as a favor to an intermidiary. i'm doing this in my spare time. basically, i'd just like to know how much people usually charge for a marketing oriented translation of a commercial web-site and promotional material.
thanks again, adar

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:35
English to German
+ ...
How long is a piece of string? May 24, 2007

Hi Adar,
Sorry, no easy answers here.

i'm basically doing this translation job as a favor to an intermidiary.

If you're doing it as a favour, do it for free.
If you don't want to do it for free (which I would entirely understand), you need to come up with a price, based on the estimated amount of time it will take you to get the job done.

i'm doing this in my spare time.

In whatever time - it's your time.

basically, i'd just like to know how much people usually charge for a marketing oriented translation of a commercial web-site and promotional material.

How much is a BMW? Can't tell? Exactly.
It's impossible to give you even a rough estimate without having analysed the texts.

You may want to try the ProZ.com rate calculator - admittedly, it's simplistic, but could well be useful to get a preliminary idea.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of web-site from english to hebrew

Advanced search

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs