Moneybookers for Canadian translators
Thread poster: Brigitte Hamilton

Brigitte Hamilton  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:13
Member (2007)
German to English
Jul 4, 2007

I am looking into using Moneybookers for receiving payment from European clients (I work in Canada). However, on the Moneybookers website Canada is not on the 'supported' country list.

I have already contacted Moneybookers about this, but have not received any response so far.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to set up Moneybookers from Canada; if yes, are there any issues taking the money out (ie. transfer).

I would really appreciate your input, thank you.

[Edited at 2007-07-04 14:58]

Direct link Reply with quote

Vladimir Dubisskiy  Identity Verified
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
live in Canada and use Moneybookers Jul 4, 2007

Hi, Brigitte,
Canada is OK with using Moneybookers; it has to be "supported".I am using it (not often though) for the same purpose (some European clients). No problem so far.
I did registration (i believe I did send something my mail, but i am not sure), got some confirmation from them and that was it.
I am in Western Canada, BC.
With taking money out - no problem, I chose money to be transferred to my CAD bank account, it works.

[Edited at 2007-07-04 16:54]

Juliana Starkman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 09:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks for the tip Jul 4, 2007

I've been thinking about opening an account with them for European work, after going nuts with the Paypal limits every month...

Brigitte Hamilton  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2007)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Vladimir Jul 4, 2007

thanks for your comments. I meant the 'supported local payments' list, on which Canada does not figure. I initially thought this would mean a whole bunch of extra fees for me (I think I pay enough fees already, but that's another topic....), but I think I will be okay. Or at least not worse off.

I will go ahead and open an account - Juliana, just from my experience, I also found that some European customers prefer Moneybookers. Either way, it is probably good to offer a choice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moneybookers for Canadian translators

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs