2003 Editing Rates
Thread poster: A Hayes (X)
A Hayes (X)
A Hayes (X)
Australia
Local time: 03:19
Jan 23, 2003

I have been asked to edit a doctoral thesis (anthropology).

How do you people usually charge... per hour/page/word?

I would prefer to charge either per word or per page. And I was thinking maybe AUD 0.02 per word.

what do you reckon?

thanks-

TimeinTime (X)
TimeinTime (X)
English to French
+ ...
0.08euro/word minimum Jan 23, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-01-23 16:07, munchkin wrote:

I have been asked to edit a doctoral thesis (anthropology).

How do you people usually charge... per hour/page/word?

I would prefer to charge either per word or per page. And I was thinking maybe AUD 0.02 per word.

what do you reckon?

thanks-

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:19
German to English
+ ...
Hourly Jan 24, 2003

I think editing should always be hourly. Unless you are absolutely sure the quality is not abysmal, it\'s a major risk otherwise.

cailin
cailin
German to English
+ ...
Is this for real? Feb 3, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-01-23 17:04, TimeinTime wrote:

0.08 euro

Do you actually have clients that pay 0.08 euros per word for revising texts? or did you misunderstand, thinking that alejandra was being asked to translate?

If you do get paid 0.08 euros per word (revision), I think we\'d all be happy to hear the secret to your success! ... See more
Quote:

On 2003-01-23 17:04, TimeinTime wrote:

0.08 euro

Do you actually have clients that pay 0.08 euros per word for revising texts? or did you misunderstand, thinking that alejandra was being asked to translate?

If you do get paid 0.08 euros per word (revision), I think we\'d all be happy to hear the secret to your success! Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2003 Editing Rates

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »