Thread poster: cillegio
cillegio
cillegio
Local time: 07:33
Azerbaijani to Russian
+ ...
Jan 29, 2003

Just get ... by PAYPAL.

My account was frozen and I do not have access to my funds.

It is not much - just $70, but I am upset!!!

Take care

[ This Message was edited byn2003-01-29 17:42]

Adrian Woods (X)
Adrian Woods (X)
Spanish to English
PayPal critics Jan 29, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-01-29 17:02, oibragim wrote:

Just get ... by PAYPAL.

Take care

I did a search and there seems to be a lot goin... See more
Quote:

On 2003-01-29 17:02, oibragim wrote:

Just get ... by PAYPAL.

Take care

I did a search and there seems to be a lot going on out there. Just one quote from a disgruntled user to the tone of $2500:

\"The websites www.paypalsucks.com and www.paypalwarning.com are there for a reason. The class action lawsuits against paypal are there for a reason. Paypal tried to sue paypalsucks.com to stop them from using their name but the judge ruled in favor of paypalsucks.com saying they were still under free speech and hadn\'t done any copyright/trademark infringement (thank god).\"

At least yours was only $70!

Adrian Woods ▲ Collapse

Egmont
Egmont
Spain
Local time: 05:33
Afrikaans to Spanish
+ ...
US$120 only... - http://proZ.com/pro/10874 Jan 30, 2003

I am another professional as you and with the same problem since July 2002...

WARNING:

Your Paypal account can be frozen at any time, without advance notice leaving you without your money for weeks (if not forever), and there isn\'t much you can do about it. Paypal is currently being investigated by regulatory authorities in three States!

Last updated: November 4, 2002

[addsig]

Madeleine Pérusse
Madeleine Pérusse
Local time: 22:33
Member (2003)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Why does Proz continue with Paypal? Mar 11, 2003

Hi,

I\'m new on this site, and I\'m happy I went through the Forum topics before actually registering with Paypal. I\'ve seen enough to know I should not. If there are so many problems, why does Proz still recommend to use this as a payment alternative?

I also read about Moneybrokers in another message. Is there a way we can use this alternative with Proz?

Thanks

Quote:

On 2003-01... See more
Hi,

I\'m new on this site, and I\'m happy I went through the Forum topics before actually registering with Paypal. I\'ve seen enough to know I should not. If there are so many problems, why does Proz still recommend to use this as a payment alternative?

I also read about Moneybrokers in another message. Is there a way we can use this alternative with Proz?

Thanks

Quote:

On 2003-01-30 11:18, albertokvw wrote:

I am another professional as you and with the same problem since July 2002...

WARNING:

Your Paypal account can be frozen at any time, without advance notice leaving you without your money for weeks (if not forever), and there isn\'t much you can do about it. Paypal is currently being investigated by regulatory authorities in three States!

Last updated: November 4, 2002

Collapse

Nygma
Nygma
Local time: 04:33
German to Greek
+ ...
Paypal Mar 21, 2003

I´m using paypal for a year now and haven´t had any problems so far....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal problem - be careful

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »