Thread poster: Jan Sundström

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 16:49
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 3, 2007

Hi all,

A client in Greece claims that his bank is charging him 7,50 EUR to send money within EU (to Sweden), specifically with IBAN+BIC+all costs shared, i.e. all requirements filled.

I believe that the client is being shortchanged, since the EU regulations stipulate that the fee can't be higher than an equivalent transfer within the country.

Surely there must be banks in Greece with lower fees than that?

And yes, Sweden has implemented the EU cross-border transfer regulation, even though we don't have the Euro, so the problem is not on my side. Other nationalities have sent us EUR without any charges.

Any suggestions of honest banks in Greece that don't overcharge for IBAN transfers? Please post recommendations of those cheaper banks here!

TIA,

Jan

[Edited at 2007-09-03 14:35]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 16:49
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bump Sep 10, 2007

Any Greeks out there?
What banks are you all using - or is it a well known truth that all Greek banks charge outrageous fees for transfers?

/Jan

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Greek bank with low fees?

Advanced search

Translation news

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs