mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:55
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 10, 2007

Hi

I have just attempted to withdraw my funds from Paypal to my bank account using Xoom.com for the second time but this time Paypal couldn't accept the transaction because, even though I have a Premium account, apparently I have reached my "sending limit"

To complete the transaction I have to wait for my credit card statement to inform a Paypal Extended Use Number (I've checked online already and its still not there).

The funny thing is that they requested another credit card, different from the one registered in my Paypal account, to charge for the transaction. When I tried to give my normal MasterCard credit card number, it said "this card is already registered with another paypal account". So I gave it my Visa number.

Paypal site is useless so I have to ask here:

- How come I can't use the card I registered with Paypal to have this extended use thing?

-What is my sending limit with Paypal? How can I check that?

Direct link Reply with quote

golf264  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:55
English to Dutch
+ ...
Check for more information Sep 10, 2007

Paypal has slightly different terms for every country.
But in general, they always let you know what the limits are for sending and receiving.
This is to be found on the My account information page.
Further, you can always determine issues by talking with your credit card company and even Paypal.
So in this case I would follow the usual procedure. Submit a request/ticket for information in, and let the process go its course.

Suzette Martin-Johnson
Canada
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
Bottom line Sep 10, 2007

Bottom line: Avoid Paypal if you don't live in the US. Sorry - it just isn't worth the hassle. Check out Moneybookers or use a good old fashioned bank transfer....

mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:55
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Sep 10, 2007

Thank you for the imput.

Apparently my sending limit now is $ 1000 (of which I only have 200) and my Withdrawal Limit is 2500 (but Xoom is not considered Withdrawal, so I don't know how I can use it)

The Sending limit is set at 1000, period. No "per month". Is that so? How can I increase my "per month" sending limit? The website does not say that, it is not clear whether the Expanded Use program does that.

As for not using Paypal if one lives outside the USA sometimes unfortunately its not an option for many clients as many of us know.

Suzette Martin-Johnson
Canada
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
So true Sep 11, 2007

I wish clients would be more considerate. Like using Moneygram - so easy for those of us living in developing nations!!

abufaraz
Pakistan
Local time: 09:55
English to Urdu
+ ...
Paypal/Moneybookers vs Moneygram/Western Union Sep 11, 2007

islander1974 wrote:

I wish clients would be more considerate. Like using Moneygram - so easy for those of us living in developing nations!!

MG and WU are no doubt a convenient source of international transactions but the excessive charges make them unpopular especially in case of smaller amounts, for which PP and MB are much better but both of them do not operate in all countries.

Regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal Sending Limit & Expanded Use Number

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs