https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/84764-getting_a_check_from_paypal_worth_it_brazil.html

Getting a Check from Paypal - worth it (Brazil)
Thread poster: mopc
mopc
mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 04:41
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 25, 2007

Hi

I've been getting number of payments via Paypal lately but there are several restrictions on the amount of money I can withdraw from Paypal.

Using Xoom or Moneybookers is fine, they have a circa USD1000/month limit, but at Paypal there seems to be a overal limit, period. Like USD 2000/forever. So soon I won't be able to use Xoom to transfer my Paypal funds to my Brazilian Bank Account - at least that's what I get from the website "my limits" info - yes, even after c
... See more
Hi

I've been getting number of payments via Paypal lately but there are several restrictions on the amount of money I can withdraw from Paypal.

Using Xoom or Moneybookers is fine, they have a circa USD1000/month limit, but at Paypal there seems to be a overal limit, period. Like USD 2000/forever. So soon I won't be able to use Xoom to transfer my Paypal funds to my Brazilian Bank Account - at least that's what I get from the website "my limits" info - yes, even after credit card confirmation (which I haven't completed yet, though my account is Premium).

So I was thinking that I might need to solicit a check from Paypal. Does anyone know if it is worth to wait until a large USD amount is reached and what are the fees I pay to Paypal and to my Brazilian Bank (Banco do Brasil)?

Is it a reasonable option or should I just stop using Paypal?
Collapse

islander1974
islander1974
Canada
French to English
+ ...
Just stop using paypal! Sep 25, 2007

However, maybe someone can be more constructive than I am being. What about a bank transfer? It would be worth it for a large sum like this.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting a Check from Paypal - worth it (Brazil)

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »