Explain to me Paypal Limits
Thread poster: mopc
mopc  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:39
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 27, 2007

I currently have some USD 2000 in my Paypal account but there are limits to what I can withdraw and send.

I have enrolled in the Expanded Use Program but still haven't been able to complete it (waiting for four-digit number).

My questions are:

1 - How high can I set my Expanded Use limits per month (Brazil)?

2 - If I can't rise it high enough, how do I request a check from Paypal?

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Paypal limits cannot always be explained... Sep 27, 2007

One of my two Paypal accounts is frozen since more than 12 months because they are unable to verify my identity - which they were obliged to do as soon as I had received a total of 6500 EUR on that account.

I am no longer searching for an explanation since even their customer support could not do anything but sending their standard answers from their list...

So I am simply using Moneybookers instead and I am happy with them, although I had a problem with their verification procedure too, but their customer support is working and solved the problem within 5 days.

Good speed,

[Edited at 2007-09-28 07:07]

Capesha  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:39
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
feel with Harry Sep 27, 2007

Hi Harry,

I experienced the same problem with PayPal in regard to the verification. I really was annoyed - a turnover of 6500 euro within 3 years shall be suspicious in regard to money laundering? Oh no....

Nevertheless - when I finally send a fax with copy of my password, the problem had been solved within 12 hours.

I just recognized that Harrys comment has been removed and my answer is without any reference - sorry.

Regarding your problem: some weeks/months ago, when PayPal announced, that it is a bank now, they send a lot of information including all the limits.
It should thus be contained in their general business information.

By the way: I really would not take PayPal as transfer solution no. one.
It is expensive and all these limits are annoying.

[Bearbeitet am 2007-09-28 07:04]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Explain to me Paypal Limits

Advanced search

Translation news

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs