Thread poster: vaniroma (X)
vaniroma (X)
vaniroma (X)
Local time: 00:29
English to French
+ ...
Sep 28, 2007

Hello all,

I worked with an agency in July/august on a big project (more of 60.000 words) for a client very important(international notoriety). But the problem is the agency don't pay me. Once job done, the agency do not answer my emails... I'm not the only translator which have this problem (another translator which worked on the same project of me but in other language).

So, I concluded this agency don't want pay! What can I do?

I contacted the client, b
... See more
Hello all,

I worked with an agency in July/august on a big project (more of 60.000 words) for a client very important(international notoriety). But the problem is the agency don't pay me. Once job done, the agency do not answer my emails... I'm not the only translator which have this problem (another translator which worked on the same project of me but in other language).

So, I concluded this agency don't want pay! What can I do?

I contacted the client, but on them web site there is only an email to contact (customer service I think...).
I left a negative feedback on proz and sent a no-payment report to them.

If you have a similarly experience, can you help me about what can I do!

Thanks.

Vanina
Collapse

patyjs
patyjs  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:29
Spanish to English
+ ...
Read this article: Sep 28, 2007

Vanina, sorry to hear about your trouble with this agency.

I'm having the same problem with an agency in Spain and recently found this article

http://www.proz.com/doc/328

I sent a mail to the agency on Monday asking them to please resolve the situation within 8 days. Needless to say, they haven't replied. Next Monday I will start to go through the steps outlined in t
... See more
Vanina, sorry to hear about your trouble with this agency.

I'm having the same problem with an agency in Spain and recently found this article

http://www.proz.com/doc/328

I sent a mail to the agency on Monday asking them to please resolve the situation within 8 days. Needless to say, they haven't replied. Next Monday I will start to go through the steps outlined in the article.

good luck!

Paty
Collapse

vaniroma (X)
vaniroma (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Details Sep 28, 2007

I translated a Printers/Copier manual for a major manufacturer. I worked online directly on their software, so I guess that, like every internet connections, the IP adreses was registred when I connected to the server.

Vanina

vaniroma (X)
vaniroma (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 28, 2007

In my case it's an agency localised in Portugal.
I'll read the article... Thanks

If they are other translator in my case (same agency, same project), please contact me. I'm already in contact with another translator, and together we can do something!

Vanina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What can I do in case of no-payment?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »