Thread poster: M. Anna Kańduła
M. Anna Kańduła
M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:19
English to Polish
Oct 10, 2007

Hi all,

Just today my client asked me what's wrong with my MB account, as he couldn't send me money. As it occurred my account was blocked. There is an info what to do in such case, but I have a question if it happened to anyone, and maybe why this happened.

I don't want to get through all legal verifying my documents and then see it happening again in future.

Anni

Sergei Tumanov
Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:19
English to Russian
+ ...
it is strange Oct 10, 2007

Practically you can send funds to a person if he/she even has not registered with moneybookers yet.

If you can enter your account and send money to somebody, everything is OK with your account.

This might be an excuse from your client, who is not willing to pay.

++
By the way, what was the comment from moneybookers support regarding this matter?

[Edited at 2007-10-10 14:15]

M. Anna Kańduła
United Kingdom
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Standard info Oct 10, 2007

From MB I get standard info:

Your account is locked for all transactions. To unlock your account, you must send a VERIFIED copy of your passport or national identity card to the following address:

[Address here]

We accept as VERIFIED, all copies which are certified in your country of residence by:

* a licenced notary public; OR
* a licenced solicitor or attorney-at-law; OR
* a regulated bank or financial institution; OR
* a local government authority (e.g. the police)

as true copies of the original.

Client is surely trustworthy - he was always paying on time, besides - when I tried to do any action on the account I got myself the above information.

This certification from a lawyer will probably cost me a lot of money, and I have no idea why I was blocked in the first place. This is a real pain in the neck

I wait for reply from MB on this matter.

Anni

[Edited at 2007-10-10 14:41]

Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 03:19
English to Chinese
+ ...
My account was locked Oct 10, 2007

But it doesn't appear to be the same thing.

My account was locked due to wrong input of my birthday. I then uploaded a scanned copy of my ID card several days later I was able to change my birthday.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Try phoning Oct 10, 2007

I have a phone number for Moneybookers: 00 44 905 848 0011.
Try calling that, you may get more sense out of them that way.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 15:19
SITE FOUNDER
Yes, call Oct 10, 2007

They do answer the phone. They had reason to lock our account once, too, we had only to phone and fill out a form with contact information.

VIBOL KEO
VIBOL KEO  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:19
Member (2009)
English to Khmer (Central)
A Similar Issue Oct 11, 2007

Ladies and Gentlemen:

One of clients who may be found on Proz.com confirmed that s/he has settled my claim of progress payment via MB providing me a detail report.

So far, I have not found the fund within my account with MB. I have already submitted a ticket regarding a number of relevant issues to MB so they are able to help me getting the payment including the detail report obtained from my client. I have not heard any things from MB. Yesterday, my client emailed
... See more
Ladies and Gentlemen:

One of clients who may be found on Proz.com confirmed that s/he has settled my claim of progress payment via MB providing me a detail report.

So far, I have not found the fund within my account with MB. I have already submitted a ticket regarding a number of relevant issues to MB so they are able to help me getting the payment including the detail report obtained from my client. I have not heard any things from MB. Yesterday, my client emailed me to advise me that I should contact MB to help on such issue ... I am not sure for the reasons that have caused this unecessary delay or if my ticket submitted has not been reached.

I wonder whether I should also call MB or it is a duty of my client.

Grateful you kindly advise me on such issues.

Many thanks and Best regard
Collapse

M. Anna Kańduła
United Kingdom
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for suggestion Oct 11, 2007

Thanks for suggestion, friends, but before I called they replied to my email. I got some more info and more intructions.

What strikes me is that they have screened my account because of security matters, which would suggest they are very meticulous, however at the same time their email not only was full of misspells, but also written in very broken Polish and they addressed me as Mr., which shows they are in fact very negligen
... See more
Thanks for suggestion, friends, but before I called they replied to my email. I got some more info and more intructions.

What strikes me is that they have screened my account because of security matters, which would suggest they are very meticulous, however at the same time their email not only was full of misspells, but also written in very broken Polish and they addressed me as Mr., which shows they are in fact very negligent and don't even know who they write to.

And no - I checked - it wasn't scam email, it was genuine MB reply to my support ticket.

To Vibol Keo: once my client informed me of sending a payment and asked for confirming the receipt. Usually those were arriving at once, but that time there was some delay. It took a few hours before the funds were on my account. If in your case it's longer, than I suggest you contact MB. I never hurts to ask, especially if it about payment for finished work.

Anni
Collapse

Sergei Tumanov
English to Russian
+ ...
Do I understand correctly thay you have not verified your identity with MB? Oct 12, 2007

M. Anna Kańduła wrote:

... We accept as VERIFIED, all copies which are certified in your country of residence by:

* ... OR
* ... OR
* ... OR
* a local government authority (e.g. the police)

In my case I sent to moneybookers the scanned copy of my driving license and that was enough to verify my identity. In one or two years they approached me with the question, what for do I use the account. My reply that I am a translator and the link to my proz.com personal page was accepted by the MB staff.

I think, it is normal that a company, as a financial institution, asks for some document verifying the identity of its customer.

As far as I know, a non-verified customer has smaller transaction limit and you could simply reach your limit for the account.

[Edited at 2007-10-12 18:43]

M. Anna Kańduła
United Kingdom
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
I was verified Oct 12, 2007

I was verified, my address was veryfied, my credit card was veryfied and I have been using MB for a few years now. And I have not reached my limit, as this month I didn't do any transactions on MB yet. And only two last month.

They didn't specify clearly, but seems like they got suspicious, as my client was writing "-" as payment title several times, so maybe they didn't like that and needed clarification what kind of transaction those were. And I can understand that.

H
... See more
I was verified, my address was veryfied, my credit card was veryfied and I have been using MB for a few years now. And I have not reached my limit, as this month I didn't do any transactions on MB yet. And only two last month.

They didn't specify clearly, but seems like they got suspicious, as my client was writing "-" as payment title several times, so maybe they didn't like that and needed clarification what kind of transaction those were. And I can understand that.

However it still doesn't explain nor justify calling me Mr. in email and locking my account without any notification. I don't think it's right I learn about being locked by accident.

I've sent requested documents and wait for their decision now. I am glad that at least I don't have any funds locked there

Anni
Collapse

Sergei Tumanov
English to Russian
+ ...
wild guess? Oct 12, 2007

Perhaps an employee was confused by M. Anna ... ? :0)

Please do not blame them too much for this...
and for broken Polish.
I think they wanted to be polite and not to address you in English doing their best.

Remember an advertisement in a saloon in the Wild West: do not shoot the musician, he plays as good as he can :0)

[Edited at 2007-10-12 21:58]

VIBOL KEO
VIBOL KEO  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:19
Member (2009)
English to Khmer (Central)
It is Ok now! Oct 14, 2007

Thanks for your kind advice. Obviously, my email address was incorrectly spelled by the sender regarding a reliable and reasonable message from MB. But I am still not sure if a few more clients of mine with pending payments have faced such problems.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moneybookers account locked

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »