Kerati Kuaimongkol
Kerati Kuaimongkol  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 06:43
Member (2007)
English to Thai
Oct 31, 2007

Dear all,

How do we softly request money from our submitted project.

I submit my project already and the payment date is 10 days after completion. When the deal had come, I mail to the client to asked about the payment and he said he will make bank tranfer on oct24

On Oct 23, the send me some comment from proofreader and I return in the same day and wait 2-3 days before sent mail asked if he'd received my file.

He reply that he've received my
... See more
Dear all,

How do we softly request money from our submitted project.

I submit my project already and the payment date is 10 days after completion. When the deal had come, I mail to the client to asked about the payment and he said he will make bank tranfer on oct24

On Oct 23, the send me some comment from proofreader and I return in the same day and wait 2-3 days before sent mail asked if he'd received my file.

He reply that he've received my file already, but he didn't mentioned anything about the payment or anything else. I quite sure that no error in this project.

P.S. Sorry for my grammar, this is the reason why I do translation in English-Thai only not Thai-English.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-10-31 13:33]
Collapse

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Softly? Oct 31, 2007

It's not a time to be soft any more. Start getting tough.

Mulyadi Subali
Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 06:43
English to Indonesian
+ ...
blueboard Oct 31, 2007

couldn't agree more with henry.
btw, i just would like to know whether you have sent them invoice for the project. it usually take around 30 days after the po issuance for the payment to be effective.
if you have done this and all else failed, you can always comment/complaint on their blueboard page.

LoyalTrans
LoyalTrans
Local time: 07:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
raising your tone - gradually Nov 6, 2007

My suggestion would be being polite first, then gradually getting tougher if your client still fails to pay.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to submit a payment reminder/request for payment

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »