Should I charge for advice on Trados?
Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:33
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Nov 2, 2007

A new customer requested me to use Trados, sent me first three Word-files for translation, where someone had used Trados to protranslate the files, and where the segments, which were copied from the source, were marked red. I already then explained, that all I need is the untranslated files and the TM. I got the TM after all, but had to translate the pretranslated files.
Today she sends me a folder of tagged files. They were pretranslated and then the target saved as rtf.
I explained, that I need the original files, no use to read for me through all the files and search for the those segments that need translation.
After a few hours she sent me the same files, but had marked the segments yellow that need to be translated.
Now I asked her to read the Trados documentation, because in Tageditor I do not see the yellow markings, of course.

Does someone understand what's going on?

[Bearbeitet am 2007-11-02 15:08]

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Local time: 19:33
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Keep trying, Heinrich Nov 2, 2007

After all, you may eventually have the dice roll correctly.

Reminds me of the guy, holding a piece of wood and a saw and muttering: "Darn, I've sawed it off three times already and it is still too short."

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Should I charge for advice on Trados?

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs