Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 06:41
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Nov 2, 2007

A new customer requested me to use Trados, sent me first three Word-files for translation, where someone had used Trados to protranslate the files, and where the segments, which were copied from the source, were marked red. I already then explained, that all I need is the untranslated files and the TM. I got the TM after all, but had to translate the pretranslated files.
Today she sends me a folder of tagged files. They were pretranslated and then the target saved as rtf.
I explained, that I need the original files, no use to read for me through all the files and search for the those segments that need translation.
After a few hours she sent me the same files, but had marked the segments yellow that need to be translated.
Now I asked her to read the Trados documentation, because in Tageditor I do not see the yellow markings, of course.

Does someone understand what's going on?

Regards
Heinrich

[Bearbeitet am 2007-11-02 15:08]

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 05:41
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Keep trying, Heinrich Nov 2, 2007

After all, you may eventually have the dice roll correctly.

Reminds me of the guy, holding a piece of wood and a saw and muttering: "Darn, I've sawed it off three times already and it is still too short."

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Should I charge for advice on Trados?

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs