Elene P.
Elene P.  Identity Verified
Georgia
Member (2007)
English to Georgian
+ ...
Nov 16, 2007

Hi
What is your policy with the agencies which should have paid you for an accomplished job and are not doing it....
Thank you
Elene

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-11-16 18:07]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:40
English to German
+ ...
Blue Board Nov 16, 2007

Hi Elene,
Sorry to hear this.

First of all, have you posted an entry on the Blue Board? If not, please do - if you enter a level of 1 or 2, the system will prompt you to submit a non-payment complaint: do so if applicable.

If you haven't submitted a written invoice, I believe you should, preferably by registered mail. Also, keep in touch with the outsourcer - calling them is a good idea.

Search this forum for "non-payment" and "collection": you shoul
... See more
Hi Elene,
Sorry to hear this.

First of all, have you posted an entry on the Blue Board? If not, please do - if you enter a level of 1 or 2, the system will prompt you to submit a non-payment complaint: do so if applicable.

If you haven't submitted a written invoice, I believe you should, preferably by registered mail. Also, keep in touch with the outsourcer - calling them is a good idea.

Search this forum for "non-payment" and "collection": you should find numerous discussions (unfortunately).

Best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Non-payment complaints Nov 17, 2007

Hi Ralf,

I have never had to enter a 1 or 2 on the Blue Board but I'm really curious about what would happen next. Excuse me for being lazy but could you give us a recap?

Regards,
Gerard

Ralf Lemster wrote:

... if you enter a level of 1 or 2, the system will prompt you to submit a non-payment complaint: do so if applicable.

Best regards,
Ralf

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:40
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

ProZ.com Termination policy Nov 17, 2007

Hi, Gerard,

For how the termination policy works, see:

http://www.proz.com/termination_policy

Hope that demystifies things.

Yolanda Broad

Haiyang Ai (X)
Haiyang Ai (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:40
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sorry to hear this Nov 17, 2007

Ralf Lemster wrote:

First of all, have you posted an entry on the Blue Board? If not, please do

calling them is a good idea.

As Ralf said, you should make sure they have got your invoice and it's overdue already. Write to them or give them a call first. Then use Blue Board as a way to protest. Good luck.

----------------------------------
English Chinese Translator
www.chineservice.com

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
How to submit a non-payment complaint Nov 17, 2007

Hi Gerard,

I have never had to enter a 1 or 2 on the Blue Board but I'm really curious about what would happen next. Excuse me for being lazy but could you give us a recap?

No problem at all.
Yolanda already posted a link to the Termination Policy: to take any action under the policy, we need a minimum of two independent non-payment complaints. Essentially, the reporting mechanism in the BB saves moderators time by checking some points which we would otherwise need to ask 'manually'.

If you submit a BB entry with an LWA of 1 or 2, the system will display the following:

You entered a low LWA for this outsourcer.

If you have not received payment and would like to report a non-payment for this outsourcer, please click here.

The system will then ask you to confirm that you
- delivered the job in time, and in accordance with specifications;
- issued an invoice; and
- did not get paid.

HTH, Ralf

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Thanks Nov 18, 2007

Thanks Yolanda and Ralf.

Cheers,
Gerard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What to do in case of non-payment

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »