Paypal users in India- how to get money transfered into Indian Bank?
Thread poster: Sanjay Ray
Sanjay Ray
Sanjay Ray  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 01:12
Member (2002)
English to Bengali
+ ...
Feb 28, 2003

I wish to know from fellow translators in India who are PAYPAL members. How to get money in Indian banks? ANybody to share his/her experience. How about Indian bank details, are they acceptable to PAYPAL?

Thanks for help.

regards

Ray

New Delhi

Shruti Nagar
Shruti Nagar
India
English to Hindi
+ ...
I'm curious too. Apr 9, 2003

Hi! I recently joined proZ and am enjoying the site. I havent yet got any job and am trying to understand the modes of payments. I also have the same question.

Rishi Miranhshah
Rishi Miranhshah  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Punjabi
+ ...
contact Roomy Apr 9, 2003

I know some agencies who make payments to Indian translators via Paypal. Maybe you can contact Roomy...

Chandrasekaran Rangaraj
Chandrasekaran Rangaraj
India
English to Japanese
+ ...
No "Purpose of withdrawal" code for translation work Mar 18, 2010

First, the reply to your question.
You can link your bank account in India and request from transfer from paypal to your bank account in India. For that go to My Account > Profile > Add/edit bank account and fill up the details required. (For your information the monthly withdrawal amount will be increased and there is no transfer fees if the withdrawal amount is more than Rs.7000)

Now, Paypal has recently introduced for an additional data to be entered for those who want to w
... See more
First, the reply to your question.
You can link your bank account in India and request from transfer from paypal to your bank account in India. For that go to My Account > Profile > Add/edit bank account and fill up the details required. (For your information the monthly withdrawal amount will be increased and there is no transfer fees if the withdrawal amount is more than Rs.7000)

Now, Paypal has recently introduced for an additional data to be entered for those who want to withdraw money from their paypal account to their bank account in India. The drop box contains the following 14 choices for the users to select under 6 headings.

Content and Journalism:
1) Freelance journalism
2) Newspaper content
Information Technology:
3) Hardware consulting
4) Software consulting
5) Data processing consulting
Travel:
6) Travel related purchase
Licensing of creative works:
7) Licensing revenues
Export of Goods:
8) Cross border shipment of goods and services
Other Services:
9) Legal
10) Accounting and tax
11) Business and PR
12) Advertising and market research
13) R&D
14) Architectural, engineering and others

I don't see translation. What would be the nearest match for the translation work from the above options. None of the above comes close to translation. We can't select any option at our will as this might be linked to the tax deduction during the audit. Can proz users in India share their views on what "Purpose of withdrawal" code they are using.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal users in India- how to get money transfered into Indian Bank?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »