Wenke Geddert  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:11
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 22, 2007

Dear all

Do you know which Spanish bank charges low commission rates for withdrawing money from your bank account from abroad (i.e. the UK)? I have just been charged nearly €23 for a UK withdrawal from my Spanish BBVA account, which I find excessive!

If all bank charges are roughly the same, are there any other - more cost effective ways - of accessing the money in or transfering the money to this country?

With thanks.

Wenke

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxDE-EN-FR
Local time: 17:11
English to German
+ ...
Possibly Unicaja Nov 22, 2007

Hi Wenke,

I have a bank account with a Unicaja branch in Córdoba, Spain. They charge me 2.50 euros for transferring money to my bank account in Germany. In terms of withdrawing cash from the Unicaja account from an ATM in Germany, I think the maximum commission rate I had to pay so far was 5 euros.

Cheers,

Ingo

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
all EU charges the same Nov 23, 2007

Wenke Geddert wrote:

Dear all

Do you know which Spanish bank charges low commission rates for withdrawing money from your bank account from abroad (i.e. the UK)? I have just been charged nearly €23 for a UK withdrawal from my Spanish BBVA account, which I find excessive!

If all bank charges are roughly the same, are there any other - more cost effective ways - of accessing the money in or transfering the money to this country?

With thanks.

Wenke

As far as I'm aware, within the EU zone it's illegal for banks to charge more for withdrawals from abroad than for withdrawals in your home country. Are you sure that the charge wasn't mostly to do with a euro-pound exchange commission?

Wenke Geddert  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:11
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Commission Nov 23, 2007

According to the bank statement, this charge is "comis. disp. cajero internacional debito".

Wenke

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ATM Withdrawal Charges (Spain - UK)

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs