Mobile menu

Rates for phone interpreting English Italian
Thread poster: Anne Woodall
Anne Woodall
Local time: 05:35
Italian to English
+ ...
Nov 23, 2007

I can't seem to find much information about this, so probably looking in the wrong place-
What would be an average rate for business negotions/international cooperation over telephone Italy -USA? Is the rate charged per minute/hour?
(to be calculated in euro)

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Direct link Reply with quote
liz askew  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:35
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
Rates for phone interpreting Nov 23, 2007

Well, I have just started working as a telephone interpreter with a UK company (I used to work for one in the USA) and I am paid per minute, so it's hard work, but by the end of a month it's amazing how much you can tot up..

The rate is anything from £15.00-£20.00 per hour, so work that out per minute! =)

Liz Askew

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:35
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Conference calls Nov 24, 2007

I charge my normal interpreting fee, however in the case of conference calls done from my place I charge per hour not per day. For conference calls interpreted from the client premises I charge normal half daily rate (as it usually less then 4 hours).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for phone interpreting English Italian

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs