Mobile menu

Rates for phone interpreting English Italian
Thread poster: Anne Woodall
Anne Woodall
Local time: 05:42
Italian to English
+ ...
Nov 23, 2007

I can't seem to find much information about this, so probably looking in the wrong place-
What would be an average rate for business negotions/international cooperation over telephone Italy -USA? Is the rate charged per minute/hour?
(to be calculated in euro)

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Direct link Reply with quote

liz askew  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:42
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
Rates for phone interpreting Nov 23, 2007

Well, I have just started working as a telephone interpreter with a UK company (I used to work for one in the USA) and I am paid per minute, so it's hard work, but by the end of a month it's amazing how much you can tot up..

The rate is anything from £15.00-£20.00 per hour, so work that out per minute! =)

Liz Askew

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:42
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Conference calls Nov 24, 2007

Hi,
I charge my normal interpreting fee, however in the case of conference calls done from my place I charge per hour not per day. For conference calls interpreted from the client premises I charge normal half daily rate (as it usually less then 4 hours).

HTH,
Magda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for phone interpreting English Italian

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs