Mobile menu

Payment for work sent in Aug., modified and resent in Dec.
Thread poster: Stephanie Judd
Stephanie Judd
Local time: 01:21
Spanish to English
Dec 14, 2007

I was sent a number of texts for a project in early Aug. with an end of the month deadline. The agency which sent me the texts asked me to hold on to the finished project as there would be some modifications. Yesterday, the agency resent the work as an 88-page book for translation. A large part of the text has not changed but there is new text and I will not know what modifications were made without comparing it with the texts sent to me in August. How should this extra work be reflected in my rates? (I am currently working on this project with a set rate per word.)

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Margreet Logmans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Per hour Dec 14, 2007

If it's really a lot of work, I'd charge by the hour. Surely you can negotiate this with the agency.

If not, ask them to mark the changes in the text somehow (there is good software to do this) and review the marked text. For this, you can negotiate a per word price.

But I would really prefer charging by the hour.

Good luck!

Stephanie Judd
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 14, 2007

I've spoken with the agency and they have agreed. I'm new here and appreciate such a speedy response.

Happy holidays!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payment for work sent in Aug., modified and resent in Dec.

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs