What currency should I set for Paypal?
Thread poster: redred

redred  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 03:10
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dec 17, 2007

Previously I defaulted USD as the currency of the account of moneybookers, people say moneybookers is popularly used in Europe, so the transactions are often treated with Euro, my money was once changed from Euro to USD in that account, after which was being used, I cannot change the currency anymore.

I default Euro as the currency of Paypal, one reason is that the USD is depreciated one day after another compared with Euro, but the drawback is currency conversion, at this moment I am really bewildering in this Math problem or maybe foreign exchange operation.

[Edited at 2007-12-17 01:35]

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:10
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
You can use more than one Dec 17, 2007

You can accept more than one currency and rather than convert money each time store it on separate accounts (within one Paypal account) for example you could have separate account for USD, Euro, GBP, etc...

If at the moment you have just one account for USD when you receive payment in Euro, you should be asked whether you want to convert it to USD or start a new account for Euro.

Cheers
S

PS: I don't know if it is possible with MoneyBookers, I know that you can do it with Paypal.

xxxJPW  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
moneybookers Dec 17, 2007

As far as I remember, when you set up a moneybookers account, it specifically states that you can ONLY have one account and you must stipulate the currency you are going to use: it is not possible to change this after you set up the account. This may be inconvenient, but unless the policy has changed very recently, this is how it stands....so choose wisely.

China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Alternative Dec 18, 2007

Stanislaw Czech wrote:

You can accept more than one currency and rather than convert money each time store it on separate accounts (within one Paypal account) for example you could have separate account for USD, Euro, GBP, etc...

If at the moment you have just one account for USD when you receive payment in Euro, you should be asked whether you want to convert it to USD or start a new account for Euro.

Respective accounts for different currencies, is it means a few emails being registered in Paypal? I haven't heard of a few currencies can be bound within one account before.

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
They call it "currency balance(s) Dec 18, 2007

You can have one account with several balances for different currencies.

Here is information how to do that: http://tinyurl.com/38btwq you can find more information in "multiple currencies" section of help: http://tinyurl.com/3yevgc

Best Regards
Stanislaw

[Edited at 2007-12-18 01:40]

China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dec 18, 2007

[Edited at 2007-12-18 02:52]

China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK Dec 18, 2007

Thanks Stanislaw,

I would carefully study it later...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What currency should I set for Paypal?

Advanced search

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs