Mobile menu

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Anyone Cannot Withdraw Money from MB Because of the Anti-money Laundering Regulation?
Thread poster: emily2k
emily2k
Local time: 01:22
English
+ ...
Dec 27, 2007

Hi, all,

I cannot withdraw money from Moneybookers because the following on their website:

"Under UK anti-money laundering regulations we are therefore required to obtain an additional proof of identity before we can process your first redemption request."

Anyone encounter this?

I contacted their CS:
"International: +44 870 383 0232 UK: 0905 848 0011 (calls cost 25p / minute) "
But the number doesn’t work.

Exactly there are two options the website needs me to give them:
Option 1: Charge the redemption fee to my credit/debit card. But Chinese government not let moneybookers company charge money from bank in China and I am from China.

Option 2: Verify my bank account. For this option, bank doesn’t give me any bank statement neither the verification code.

Oh, my still have several hundred dollars in my MB account. What can I do now?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Emily

Direct link Reply with quote

Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:22
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
I have suggestion (bit strange but I don't see anyother mean) Dec 27, 2007

emily2k wrote:

Emily

If you can send the money to a MB account belonging to someone living in another country and have friends there, may be you can send the money to them, then they can make a wire transfer for you to China.

I know it is complicated, but I really hope it can help

Good luck! I can understand your concern.

Maciek Drobka  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Had the same problem... Dec 27, 2007

...but I only had one verification option, different from your options: I am having MB send me a verification code via snail mail (LOL!). I will have to enter the code on the web site when withdrawing money to my bank account to prove my identity.

I needed my MB money for Christmas, so I think I can understand you.

Little help from me, I am afraid, but I just wanted to say it sounds genuine.

Maciek Drobka  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Not possible, I am afraid Dec 27, 2007

Angio wrote:

emily2k wrote:

Emily

If you can send the money to a MB account belonging to someone living in another country and have friends there, may be you can send the money to them, then they can make a wire transfer for you to China.

I know it is complicated, but I really hope it can help

Good luck! I can understand your concern.

MB has blocked ALL withdrawal types on my account. I am unable to move my money anywhere, either to my own bank account or to a friend's MB account.

Your suggestion might not work, I am afraid.

M

Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:22
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
Not so fast... literally! Dec 27, 2007

Well, the lousy sobs claim it will take "2-5 days depending on your local mail service". I know for a fact it's going to be at least 5 weeks! Moneybookers is getting worse and worse...

Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:22
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
Option 2 Dec 27, 2007

emily2k wrote:
Option 2: Verify my bank account. For this option, bank doesn’t give me any bank statement neither the verification code.

Hi Emily,
To verify your bank account, sometimes sending a voided check (by mail or fax) is enough. I've had to do this recently, though not for MB. Perhaps you could ask MB if they'd accept a voided check, unless they've already specified that they need a bank statement.
Maria

Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Oh boy ! Dec 27, 2007

Maciek Drobka wrote:

.. MB has blocked ALL withdrawal types on my account. I am unable to move my money anywhere, either to my own bank account or to a friend's MB account.

Your suggestion might not work, I am afraid

Then paypal can be more expensive but at least I never had this kind of problems, and always got my money (I cross my fingers)

Angio

Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Same happened to me with PayPal Dec 27, 2007

I had the same happening to me with PP.
I had to fax them my ID card and some other documents, so they released the money.
So don't think switching to PP is the answer. I actually still find MB much better than PP. In my bank statement I can see the money received by MoneyBookers clearly indicated as such. What about sending them a copy of your bank report (the usual one)?

Laura

[Edited at 2007-12-27 14:08]

[Edited at 2007-12-27 14:09]

[Edited at 2007-12-27 14:10]

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
And why Option 2 doesn't work? Dec 27, 2007

Hi there,
I'm a bit surprised why you can't use the option 2, i.e. to verify your bank account (and why others needed the code to be send by snail mail??). I verified my bank account by withdrawing minimum amount (it was €10, afair) to my local bank account. The code comes with money and is shown on the statement of the transaction. It takes just a few days. After entering the code in my MB account I could further withdraw the remaining amount and can withdraw now at any time. Why this wouldn't work for you?

Magda

Russian Federation
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
Nope Dec 27, 2007

Magda, withdrawing to a bank account IS the actual problem here. The verification requirements have changed - see their website.

[Edited at 2007-12-27 14:20]

Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
English to Russian
+ ...
but Dec 27, 2007

what is wrong in verification by ID-card?
They keep your money, and (as far as I understand) you fail to prove your identity to a financial institution. Has anybody seen a bank nowadays, where they open you an account without looking first at his/her id?

Russian Federation
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
I'll tell you what's wrong Dec 27, 2007

I'll tell you what's wrong.

I opened my account with them almost 2 years ago. I've been verified many times, including my bank account and several of my debit and credit cards.

Now, I have X thousand dollars I need to withdraw immediately. With no prior notice, they insitituted a policy that will delay my getting my cash by about 5 to 7 weeks.

How's that for good business, huh? By all rules, I should charge them interest!

[Edited at 2007-12-27 14:37]

[Edited at 2007-12-27 15:03]

English to Russian
+ ...
actually I do not understand Dec 27, 2007

Why weeks?

I used to wait about 4-5 days before money arrive at my bank account. But this is normal. One of my italian customers told me the other day the payment was made to me on 11th of December, and still no funds here through a normal banking channel . So the MB is much better organisation.

Once I tried to withdraw funds to my credit card. It took four weeks. That was my last attempt to use this way of withdrawal.

What has exactly changed recently? Perhaps I´ve missed something?

By the way I have been verified recently by regular mail (I have been verified three times in total). The letter from UK to Estonia proceeded 15 days. After this procedure they even increased my credit limit.

[Edited at 2007-12-27 15:04]

Russian Federation
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
Right, snail mail is it Dec 27, 2007

By the way I have been verified recently by regular mail (I have been verified three times in total). The letter from UK to Estonia proceeded 15 days. After this procedure they even increased my credit limit.
unquote

Right, that's it - this is now required, and it will take me 5 weeks. That's how long snail mail takes in Russia. No matter that I need the money right now.

[Edited at 2007-12-27 15:08]

English to Russian
+ ...
May be this is the reason. Dec 27, 2007

emily2k wrote:
... we can process your FIRST redemption request."

It seems to me that Emily could not withdraw a big amount.
But "test" amount withdrawal of small sum for verification purposes will be successful.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone Cannot Withdraw Money from MB Because of the Anti-money Laundering Regulation?

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs