Mobile menu

Rates per 1000 characters in Spain
Thread poster: Patricia Lucanera
Patricia Lucanera
Local time: 18:04
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 25, 2008

I´d like to have an idea of rates per 1000 characters, spaces included, in Spain, for:

-translation from English
-proofreading

Thank you very much!

Direct link Reply with quote

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 18:04
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
A rate cannot be defined in such generic terms Feb 25, 2008

Patricia Lucanera wrote:

I´d like to have an idea of rates per 1000 characters, spaces included, in Spain, for:

-proofreading

Thank you very much!

Hi Patricia,

I'm not knowledgeable about the Spanish market, but I don't think your question is properly put.

Are you asking for a single average figure, to cover the whole Spanish market and all kind of translations, or specialization, all degrees or expertise and anything translated from English in Spain? There are so many other factors to consider that an average rate is literally non sense.

I don't think there is a single answer for this question, whatever unit is used, pages, lines, words, hours, days, or even 1000 keystrokes.

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2008-02-25 21:30]

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:04
Spanish to English
+ ...
agree with Gianfranco Feb 25, 2008

Patricia Lucanera wrote:

-proofreading

Thank you very much!

An agency
A private client
A top quality translator rate
A run-of-the-mill translator rate
A complex text
A standard text
Urgent deadline
Standard deadline

Those are just some of the factors to be built in.

Rates in Spain start off as low as some of the rates advertised by agencies in ProZ (3? 4? cents a word). I even saw a reasonably well qualified translator (to EN, as it happens) quote a rate of 4 (why on earth anyone would quote a rate beats me ... are they going to do all kinds of jobs at 4?)

[Edited at 2008-02-26 00:43]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates per 1000 characters in Spain

Advanced search

Translation news

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs