Your post supports my point - PayPal tries hard to eliminate fraud!
Thread poster: Vadim Zima
Vadim Zima
Vadim Zima  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:27
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 31, 2003

Oops, I screwed it up a little! This post was meant as a reply to a post by a lady from Chile regarding PayPal\'s refusal to accept her France-issued credit card.

This rule serves the same purpose - to eliminate as many possibilities of fraud as possible. Yes, it is clumsy, and it steps on some customers toes, but it works.

Believe me stolen credit card numbers trade is a VERY BIG problem and a multi-billion business. And PayPal is right suspecting that
... See more
Oops, I screwed it up a little! This post was meant as a reply to a post by a lady from Chile regarding PayPal\'s refusal to accept her France-issued credit card.

This rule serves the same purpose - to eliminate as many possibilities of fraud as possible. Yes, it is clumsy, and it steps on some customers toes, but it works.

Believe me stolen credit card numbers trade is a VERY BIG problem and a multi-billion business. And PayPal is right suspecting that someone residing in Chile may use a cc issued in France simply because he bought it on Internet from a Russian criminal network, which buys those cards in bulk from a South-East Asian manufacturer.

I was amazed by offers coming to my mail box at http://www.mail.ru - half of them illegal! (Cracked mobile phone numbers, credit card numbers, Diplomas, passports, etc.)

[ This Message was edited by: zima on 2003-03-31 02:18]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Your post supports my point - PayPal tries hard to eliminate fraud!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »