Your post supports my point - PayPal tries hard to eliminate fraud!
Thread poster: Vadim Zima

Vadim Zima  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:00
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 31, 2003

Oops, I screwed it up a little! This post was meant as a reply to a post by a lady from Chile regarding PayPal\'s refusal to accept her France-issued credit card.

This rule serves the same purpose - to eliminate as many possibilities of fraud as possible. Yes, it is clumsy, and it steps on some customers toes, but it works.

Believe me stolen credit card numbers trade is a VERY BIG problem and a multi-billion business. And PayPal is right suspecting that someone residing in Chile may use a cc issued in France simply because he bought it on Internet from a Russian criminal network, which buys those cards in bulk from a South-East Asian manufacturer.

I was amazed by offers coming to my mail box at http://www.mail.ru - half of them illegal! (Cracked mobile phone numbers, credit card numbers, Diplomas, passports, etc.)

[ This Message was edited by: zima on 2003-03-31 02:18]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Your post supports my point - PayPal tries hard to eliminate fraud!

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs