Mobile menu

Resources Section
Thread poster: Berni Armstrong

Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:17
+ ...
Jun 16, 2004

Hi all,

I thought I'd propose an area where we could keep available resources listed together.

So, please feel free to list here anything you feel the readers of this Forum would find useful.

I'll make a start. The Link below will take you to a website that I used to co-author on this topic. Although we have not updated it for years and have no plans to do so - lots of the information at the site will still be useful to people here. SEE:

I also recommend that you join the bilingual-families mailing list (see index on the above page for details).

Dad to Jana (11/11/98 )

[Edited at 2004-06-16 23:38]

Direct link Reply with quote

Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:17
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Book recommendation Jul 16, 2004

Tracey Tokuhama-Espinosa: Raising Multilingual Children

I found this book very interesting and useful, full of case examples and scientific research.
I recommend it to anyone raising children in a bi/multilingual environment.

Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:17
Member (2011)
+ ...
2 links to resources on bilingualism at LSA site Dec 26, 2005

Here are easy-to-read pamphlets in the form of questions and answers.

Raising Bilingual Children. by Antonella Sorace and Bob Ladd. 2004. Published by the Linguistics Society of America. 5 pages.

HTML format:

Bilingualism. by Betty Birner. Published by the Linguistics Society of America. 2 pages.

HTML format:

Jeff Allen, PhD
Paris, France

[Edited at 2006-03-12 09:02]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Resources Section

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs