Eurodicautom truer med å stenge
Thread poster: Eivind Lilleskjaeret

Eivind Lilleskjaeret  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:16
Member (2004)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Dec 18, 2002

Jeg regner med at det er mange av dere som bruker Eurodicautom i arbeidet. Det kan det snart bli satt en stopper for. Pga. kostnadene ved å utvikle nettstedet i takt med den økende trafikken (de fleste har vel fått beskjeden \"No connection -- try again later\" en gang eller to), vurderer man nå å sperre adgangen for alle bortsett fra EU-oversettere. Eurodicautom vil altså bli en passordbeskyttet tjeneste.

International Federation of Translators (FIT) har lansert en underskriftskampanje mot denne innskrenkningen, som jeg vil anbefale alle å delta i: http://www.fit-ift.org/petition.html

Hilsen Eivind

Direct link Reply with quote

Eivind Lilleskjaeret  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:16
Member (2004)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Siste utvikling i Eurodicautom-saken Jan 17, 2003

Hei, mange av dere har sikkert allerede sett denne beskjeden andre steder, men jeg tenkte den hørte hjemme her også:

http://europa.eu.int/eurodicautom/response_DG.jsp

We have received a series of inquiries concerning Eurodicautom.

Please note that Eurodicautom will soon be integrated into a new interinstitutional terminology database, which will incorporate the contents of the databases already existing in the various institutions and bodies of the European Union.

The aim of this project is to meet the challenge of the forthcoming enlargement, which will extend the problems associated with terminological data to some twenty languages. The result will reflect Europe\'s linguistic diversity and richness.

We will be examining the question of access to the new base keeping in mind the need for sound management of public funds. We will, of course, keep you informed of developments in the project.

Hubert PAESMANS

Head of EC-SdT Terminology Unit

Direct link Reply with quote

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Eurodicautom truer med å stenge

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs