Thread poster: Patricia Posadas

Patricia Posadas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:22
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 2, 2003

Just a few words to my Turkish colleagues, to express my feeling of deep sadness concerning the serious earthquake that shattered Turkey yesterday. 150 people died, among them 25 children that were asleep in a school dormitory. They are still looking for survivors.

Turks Search Quake Rubble for Buried Children

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030502/wl_nm/quake_turkey_dc

Direct link Reply with quote

shule  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:22
English to Turkish
+ ...
Thank You... May 2, 2003

I am deeply touched by your kind message concerning the disastrous earthquake that struck eastern Turkey yesterday. I also want to send my deepest condolences to everyone who lost a loved one in this terrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with

you...

Quote:

On 2003-05-02 07:22, Patricia P wrote:

Just a few words to my Turkish colleagues, to express my feeling of deep sadness concerning the serious earthquake that shattered Turkey yesterday. 150 people died, among them 25 children that were asleep in a school dormitory. They are still looking for survivors.

Turks Search Quake Rubble for Buried Children

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030502/wl_nm/quake_turkey_dc

Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:22
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Deepest sympathies May 2, 2003

I offer my deepest sympathies to earthquake victims and their families. This is really, really sad... As a mother, my heart goes to all the mothers and families who have lost their loved ones. May they find strength and peace from God during this time.

Sincerely,

Monika

[Edited at 2003-05-22 19:43]

Sara Freitas
France
Local time: 13:22
French to English
My deepest sympathy May 2, 2003

I lived in Turkey during the last two \"big ones\" and it seemed as though there was not one Turkish family that wasn\'t affected by the lost of tens of thousands of lives, mostly in collapsed buildings.

Let\'s hope that building code enforcement will continue to improve so that further loss of life can be avoided.

Gecmis olsun to all of those affected by the latest quake. My thoughts are in Bingol.

murat karahan  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 15:22
English to Turkish
+ ...
Thanks to all of you May 2, 2003

I hope too that the building code will be enforced too. It is outrageous that public building collapse are the first to collapse during the earthquakes.

Thanks to all dear colleagues who expressed their feelings.

Quote:

On 2003-05-02 09:15, SFM wrote:

I lived in Turkey during the last two \"big ones\" and it seemed as though there was not one Turkish family that wasn\'t affected by the lost of tens of thousands of lives, mostly in collapsed buildings.

Let\'s hope that building code enforcement will continue to improve so that further loss of life can be avoided.

Gecmis olsun to all of those affected by the latest quake. My thoughts are in Bingol.

xxxCaner
Turkish to English
+ ...
Thanks for being so sensitive May 2, 2003

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Turkey shaken up once again

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs