sabina moscatelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:54
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
May 4, 2003

Dear all

at the beginning of June I will be staying some three days in NY City with my family. I am looking for a small, confortable hotel, possibly downtown, at a reasonable price.

Do you have any suggestions? Any place we could stay?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

sabina

Direct link Reply with quote

Maureen Holm, J.D., LL.M.
United States
Local time: 15:54
German to English
+ ...
hotel in nyc May 4, 2003

I always recommend the Mayflower Hotel, right on Central Park at Columbus Circle, 5 minutes from Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center, with surrounding restaurants, outdoor cafés, tv networks, etc. They have a website for online reservations, rate quotes, and pictures. Known as a favorite of European travelers and writers. Airport van, other amenities.

Maureen Holm, J.D., LL.M.
United States
Local time: 15:54
German to English
+ ...
hotel, nyc May 4, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-05-04 13:43, moscatelli wrote:

Dear all

at the beginning of June I will be staying some three days in NY City with my family. I am looking for a small, confortable hotel, possibly downtown, at a reasonable price.

Do you have any suggestions? Any place we could stay?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

sabina

Not sure my response took, so I repeat: Mayflower Hotel, 16st & CPW. It\'s the one I always recommend.

Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Member (2001)
French to English
+ ...
Budget stay: try hostels May 4, 2003

Here is a link to a nice hostel where my son and friends stayed while visiting New York. Depending on what you are looking for budget-wise, it sure was reasonable for the stay, the rooms were small, but the three friends were in a room for four with one empty bed. I think they paid $32.00 per person per night with breakfast included. That gave them extra money to spend on sightseeing.

Jazz on the Park http://www.jazzonthepark.com/

Christine Healy-Rendel  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Try www.hotels.com May 5, 2003

www.hotels.com - You might find some good deals on that site. Good luck, Christine

Gideon van Zoest
German to Dutch
+ ...
Try this May 5, 2003

I have just returned from NY and I stayed at the Plaza Fifty Hotel (155 E 50th). Good service, located just one street away from the nearest subway. I booked the hotel at www.expedia.com.

Good luck!

Gideon

skardo
Italian to English
+ ...
Carlton Arms May 5, 2003

Te lo consiglio. Ogni stanza è un\'opera d\'arte, graffiti, mosaici, ecc. (costa poco comunque). Se trovo il sito te lo mando. Comunque costa poco, ed è abbastanza centrale. (Zona Gramercy park / Murray Hill).

Fabio

cotasur
Chile
Local time: 16:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Comfortable, reasonably priced and good location May 6, 2003

I stayed at the San Carlos Hotel and found it to be nice and very reasonably priced. The web page is sancarloshotel.com. The hotel is located at : 150 East 50th Street. Hope you have a nice time in that fun city!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a hotel in New York City

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs