sabina moscatelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:32
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
May 4, 2003

Dear all

at the beginning of June I will be staying some three days in NY City with my family. I am looking for a small, confortable hotel, possibly downtown, at a reasonable price.

Do you have any suggestions? Any place we could stay?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

sabina

Direct link Reply with quote

Maureen Holm, J.D., LL.M.
United States
Local time: 23:32
German to English
+ ...
hotel in nyc May 4, 2003

I always recommend the Mayflower Hotel, right on Central Park at Columbus Circle, 5 minutes from Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center, with surrounding restaurants, outdoor cafés, tv networks, etc. They have a website for online reservations, rate quotes, and pictures. Known as a favorite of European travelers and writers. Airport van, other amenities.

Maureen Holm, J.D., LL.M.
United States
German to English
+ ...
hotel, nyc May 4, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-05-04 13:43, moscatelli wrote:

Dear all

at the beginning of June I will be staying some three days in NY City with my family. I am looking for a small, confortable hotel, possibly downtown, at a reasonable price.

Do you have any suggestions? Any place we could stay?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

sabina

Not sure my response took, so I repeat: Mayflower Hotel, 16st & CPW. It\'s the one I always recommend.

Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Member (2001)
French to English
+ ...
Budget stay: try hostels May 4, 2003

Here is a link to a nice hostel where my son and friends stayed while visiting New York. Depending on what you are looking for budget-wise, it sure was reasonable for the stay, the rooms were small, but the three friends were in a room for four with one empty bed. I think they paid $32.00 per person per night with breakfast included. That gave them extra money to spend on sightseeing.

Jazz on the Park http://www.jazzonthepark.com/

Christine Healy-Rendel  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Try www.hotels.com May 5, 2003

www.hotels.com - You might find some good deals on that site. Good luck, Christine

Gideon van Zoest
German to Dutch
+ ...
Try this May 5, 2003

I have just returned from NY and I stayed at the Plaza Fifty Hotel (155 E 50th). Good service, located just one street away from the nearest subway. I booked the hotel at www.expedia.com.

Good luck!

Gideon

skardo
Italian to English
+ ...
Carlton Arms May 5, 2003

Te lo consiglio. Ogni stanza è un\'opera d\'arte, graffiti, mosaici, ecc. (costa poco comunque). Se trovo il sito te lo mando. Comunque costa poco, ed è abbastanza centrale. (Zona Gramercy park / Murray Hill).

Fabio

cotasur
Chile
Spanish to English
+ ...
Comfortable, reasonably priced and good location May 6, 2003

I stayed at the San Carlos Hotel and found it to be nice and very reasonably priced. The web page is sancarloshotel.com. The hotel is located at : 150 East 50th Street. Hope you have a nice time in that fun city!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a hotel in New York City

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs