Mobile menu

Off topic: Prince Edward Island, Canada - Where to stay?
Thread poster: María Alejandra Funes

María Alejandra Funes
Local time: 18:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 7, 2003

My husband and I are planning our summer vacations. We are going to La Gaspesie, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. We are thinking about spending 4 or 5 days in PEI. Has anyone been there? Do you have suggestions about where to stay? I prefer B&B and inns, but all comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance!

ALE

[ This Message was edited by: alefunes on 2003-05-07 22:26]

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxPaulaMac
French to English
+ ...
PEI May 7, 2003

Hi Maria, lucky you! Visit:

http://www.gov.pe.ca/visitorsguide/index.php3

In New Brunswick, I would highly recommend staying in St. Andrew\'s by the Sea on the Bay of Fundy. Check out:

http://new-brunswick.net/new-brunswick/andrew/

If you have a chance to visit Halifax, it\'s wonderful.

Have a great vacation.

Paula MacLeod

xxxPaulaMac
French to English
+ ...
Forgot one thing May 7, 2003

Hi Maria, forgot to mention, you may want to rent bicycles in PEI and cycle the Confederation Trail, staying in B&Bs along the way. Check the tourism association for cycling packages.

Erika Pavelka  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:44
French to English
PEI May 7, 2003

Hi Maria,

I used to live in PEI, so I hope I can help you!

There are all types of accommodations to choose from. I recommend ordering a free visitor\'s guide from the following Web site: http://www.gov.pe.ca/visitorsguide/index.php3. We are also going to PEI for a vacation this year, and just received our guide yesterday (it took about 2 weeks in Canada).

Explore the site above for accommodations. Prices will vary depending on when and where you are going. B&Bs are very nice - it\'s the best way to meet the Island\'s people, who are known for their hospitality.

If you go to Charlottetown, I know of some B&Bs near downtown that are very nice. They\'re close to the port and to the main streets. If you have a car, you could choose one that\'s not centrally located. It might be cheaper, and it\'s very easy to get around.

I hope that\'s been helpful. Feel free to write to me privately if you have any more questions.

Erika

Suzanne Bernard
Local time: 17:44
English to French
+ ...
PEI Accomodations - Websites May 8, 2003

Here are a couple more sites that may come in handy:

Prince Edward Island

http://www.krazymoose.com/kmrentalspe.html#bedandbreakfasts

Travel: Accommodation

http://www.foundlocally.com/Charlottetown/Travel/Accommodation.htm

IMO, pretty much any place is a good place to stay, in PEI... the Island is absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy your stay!

Suzanne

(New Brunswick)

PS- Please feel free to stop by for a visit, if you have time!

Beatraduc
Local time: 22:44
English to French
Try to be stay near the ocean May 8, 2003

Hi Maria,

I visited PEI in 1998 with my family. We arranged an home exchange with a family leaving in Dieppe, New Brunswick. We spent 2 or days on the Island and if I remember well there was an inn in a lighthouse in the North End or West End of the island. You may find that on the link given to you. It was of course full when we arrived but you may have time to rent before going. It\'s great for admiring sunset (or rise) over the ocean.

Depending on the date of your holidays you may be able to go to Frederictown to a celtic festival. They are playing Highlands Games just like in Scotland.

Have a nice stay,

Beatrice

María Alejandra Funes
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! May 8, 2003

Hi Paula, Erika, Suzanne and Beatrice!

Thank you very much for all the suggestions you\'ve given to me

I have already visited some of the links recommended and some others are new to me. I have already ordered PEI visitor\'s guide and I\'m waiting for it!

From the moment I came to Canada I wanted to go to PEI and now that I have the chance I am VERY ANXIOUS AND HAPPY!

Again, thanks a lot!

ALE

María Alejandra Funes
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PEI Jul 10, 2003

Back from my vacation and back to work

I want to tell you that we had a great time in the Maritimes and enjoyed PEI a lot. I'm still seeing lighthouses in my dreams!

Just a suggestion of where to stay if you travel to Prince Edward...

Phyllis' Bed & Breakfast
145 Linden Ave.
Summerside, PEI, C1N 2J9
www.bbcanada.com/phyllisbb
phyllisbb@pei.eastlink.ca
902-436-3607

Jack and Phyllis have a beautiful house in a very pleasant neighbourhood. The rooms and tastefully decorated and they serve delicious breakfasts!

Happy summer!

ALE

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Prince Edward Island, Canada - Where to stay?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs