Thread poster: Francesca Battaglia
Francesca Battaglia
Francesca Battaglia
Italy
Local time: 08:45
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 27, 2008

Hi, long time no see.. We recently adopted a ferret from an association that saves ferrets that were abandoned or kept in very poor conditions.
My baby is called Bubo and just turned 2! He is currently an only child and then I was thinking..Perhaps he might be finding some Prozian pawn pal..

... See more
Hi, long time no see.. We recently adopted a ferret from an association that saves ferrets that were abandoned or kept in very poor conditions.
My baby is called Bubo and just turned 2! He is currently an only child and then I was thinking..Perhaps he might be finding some Prozian pawn pal..

Collapse

Liliana Roman-Hamilton
Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:45
English to Italian
hiya! Jun 27, 2008

I'm not a ferret owner but I just wanted to tell you that he's ADOOOORABLE!!! Couldn't have found a better home. Hope you can find a whole lot of prozians who own one

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:45
German to English
+ ...
Not a ferret owner either, Jun 28, 2008

but I would suggest getting him/her a playmate. Make sure they're neutered, though)

Have 3 dogs, had cats, but never a ferret. Bless people like you who get their pets from "save the ferrets" or other humane societies. All the dogs and cats I've had over the years have been either strays or adopted from humane societies. My newest addition is literally a "junk yard dog." Had obviously been abused and abandoned th
... See more
but I would suggest getting him/her a playmate. Make sure they're neutered, though)

Have 3 dogs, had cats, but never a ferret. Bless people like you who get their pets from "save the ferrets" or other humane societies. All the dogs and cats I've had over the years have been either strays or adopted from humane societies. My newest addition is literally a "junk yard dog." Had obviously been abused and abandoned there. It's so rewarding!

Good luck,

Trudy
Collapse

Patrice
Patrice  Identity Verified
United States
French to English
+ ...
That is the cutest thing! Jun 28, 2008

At my Gulf Island getaway, my neighbors raise alpacas and also take in ferrets. They have 6 of them and take them camping with them and let them make holes in their sofas. But I don't think the ferrets can write so being pen pals is out of the question. But if you have any questions about ferrets, I can always pass them on to Jim & Linda.

www.alpacabuybc.com

This is their url for all
... See more
At my Gulf Island getaway, my neighbors raise alpacas and also take in ferrets. They have 6 of them and take them camping with them and let them make holes in their sofas. But I don't think the ferrets can write so being pen pals is out of the question. But if you have any questions about ferrets, I can always pass them on to Jim & Linda.

www.alpacabuybc.com

This is their url for all you animal lovers. However, there are only adorable pics of alpacas and none of their ferrets.

(Note:I am another animal rescuer, but generally dogs & cats).
Collapse

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:45
Member (2004)
English to Italian
nice... Jun 28, 2008

slippers! Ah, and the ferret, too!

Dana Rinaldi
Dana Rinaldi
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Bubo!!!! Jun 29, 2008

Francesca,

Bubo is adorable... just like you!

Dana

Daniel Bird
Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
Not an owner but... Jun 29, 2008

...if you're ever in N London, here's a pub you have to visit

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/pubsandbars/the-ferret-and-trouserleg-info-14109.html

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Sfizioso! Jun 30, 2008

Uee, che bello!
Nice photo, interesting thing about your slippers that show that you have a great sense of humour.
You have to, I guess, cause they are supposed to be true rascals.;-)
Unfortunately I never met one, but I know a lot of fascinating stories about their wild cousins and I admire their cleverness and creativity.
Buon divertimento col tuo birichino!!
Stefania

[Edited at 2008-06
... See more
Uee, che bello!
Nice photo, interesting thing about your slippers that show that you have a great sense of humour.
You have to, I guess, cause they are supposed to be true rascals.;-)
Unfortunately I never met one, but I know a lot of fascinating stories about their wild cousins and I admire their cleverness and creativity.
Buon divertimento col tuo birichino!!
Stefania

[Edited at 2008-06-30 07:59]
Collapse

Francesca Battaglia
Francesca Battaglia
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Jun 30, 2008

thank you all I see the slippers had a great succes! They are my favourites..but..that was my boyfriend! PENGUIN FROM THE FRONT...PENGUIN FROM THE BACK! and the pijama was matching

Bubo, my ferret, is a cute little boy..neutered...he's funny and playful but he's also very sweet, he loves to be cuddled and then he falls asleep on my lap, watching into my
... See more
thank you all I see the slippers had a great succes! They are my favourites..but..that was my boyfriend! PENGUIN FROM THE FRONT...PENGUIN FROM THE BACK! and the pijama was matching

Bubo, my ferret, is a cute little boy..neutered...he's funny and playful but he's also very sweet, he loves to be cuddled and then he falls asleep on my lap, watching into my eyes as I scratch his belly
and he's so clumsy! He keeps falling off from the bed or from the couch when we are at play! because he runs backwards, he doesn't see where he's going and then..BAM...he's not on the bed anymore..ahha...

you deserved another pic!

Collapse

juvera
juvera  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I can't believe it! Jul 2, 2008

Daniel Bird wrote:
...if you're ever in N London, here's a pub you have to visit

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/pubsandbars/the-ferret-and-trouserleg-info-14109.html

Daniel, that's my local!!!

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ferrets and the rest of life... Jul 3, 2008

This is just curiosity really, as having a ferret would be something really uncommon in Spain: Are ferrets interested in other life present in gardens, like lizards, birds, earthworms, etc?

I am quite happy with the birds (specially blackbirds and turtle doves) being raised in my garden and a ferret would probably do the same damage as a cat?

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Is it true that ferrets drive away moles? Jul 3, 2008

My formerly beautiful lawn looks like a pizza all of the sudden.

Besides being awfully cute (especially the guy on the photo), I heard that ferrets can do a terrific job in terms of mole-exorcism... Is that true?

I want one.

Francesca Battaglia
Francesca Battaglia
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
moles, worms and other vivid things :) Jul 3, 2008

First of all, thank you again all for the compliments, Bubo is saying "FERRENK YOU"..hiih...
My baby is actually scared of any living thing, cats, birds, not to say dogs..............He just discovered snails and I must say he seems pretty interested in licking them but he's not allowed..
Ferrets to live long and well need a very balanced diet which means they shouldn't be eating lizards or bugs..Although in the past they were created and employed to hunt rabbits, but this is not le
... See more
First of all, thank you again all for the compliments, Bubo is saying "FERRENK YOU"..hiih...
My baby is actually scared of any living thing, cats, birds, not to say dogs..............He just discovered snails and I must say he seems pretty interested in licking them but he's not allowed..
Ferrets to live long and well need a very balanced diet which means they shouldn't be eating lizards or bugs..Although in the past they were created and employed to hunt rabbits, but this is not legal now, luckily.
They are carnivores and they should be fed with a mixture of dry food and fresh white meat, possibly with bones. The bones will enforce the gums an prevent the formation of plaque, which is very dangerous and may bring wide infections of the mouth, leading to heart attacks.

I'd say ferrets are very playful and social with other animals and perhaps they could they to play with your doves. I wouldn't trust letting a ferret with rodents or birds..Although if they are raised together from a very early age, they will become as brothers and sisters. I know of a ferret in love with the cat of the house, he sleeps on top of the cat and follows her everywhere!
I won't let any ferret to be free to run in a garden or in a street without a lace, they are very small and love to sneak in the smallest holes, if they ran away, they wouldn't be able to find the way back home, and if not rescued on time, they would be dying in a very short amount of time, a matter of days, hit by cars or simply for hunger (used to be fed, they wouldn't know how to provide for their own food).

They looove to dig, though! I'm sure they will hunt down your moles but your garden would still look like a piece of Swiss cheese ahha

But I also have to say that they are so smart, and loving! They love to be kissed and cuddled and they show their love for you just like a baby would do. They are so human, you wouldn't believe it..
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any ferret owner around?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »