https://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/11016-looking_for_london_hotel_or_b_%2B_b_recommendation.html

Off topic: Looking for London hotel or B + B recommendation
Thread poster: Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
Local time: 23:00
French to English
May 14, 2003

Does anyone know of a small hotel or B and B in central London that might have a triple room available? I am meeting my sisters in London in July and we are looking for a good value for the money or a hidden gem. If anyone has stayed at a good one recently, we would appreciate the tip!

Thanks!

Araksia Sarkisian
Araksia Sarkisian  Identity Verified
Poland
Armenian to Polish
+ ...
Aston College on the Charlotte street...:) May 14, 2003

Not expensive, very comfortable, just vis-a-vis Channel Four...

Unfortunately I don\'t remember their e-mail, but you can easily find it on the web. Good luck!

Araksia Sarkisian
Araksia Sarkisian  Identity Verified
Poland
Armenian to Polish
+ ...
Sorry for the previous post: it's Astor College and not Aston...:) May 14, 2003

ASTOR COLLEGE

99 Charlotte Street

London

W1P 2JL

and here is the info for you:

Students may reside in Astor College a modern single room dormitory or Langton Close, self-contained flats of three to six persons. Both residence facilities are in close proximity to the Faculty of Laws of University College London where classes will be conducted.

Each single room at Astor College has a refrigerator. Bathr
... See more
ASTOR COLLEGE

99 Charlotte Street

London

W1P 2JL

and here is the info for you:

Students may reside in Astor College a modern single room dormitory or Langton Close, self-contained flats of three to six persons. Both residence facilities are in close proximity to the Faculty of Laws of University College London where classes will be conducted.

Each single room at Astor College has a refrigerator. Bathrooms and showers are located on each floor. Astor College has phones in each room to receive calls and (by purchasing calling cards at the front desk) students can make long distance calls from their room. There are also pay phones in the hallways. Astor College amenities include a library; kitchen facilities on each floor; music, television, and common rooms; recreation areas with ping pong and pool tables; garden area; lounge, bar and laundry room. Breakfast is served daily at UCL Ramsay Hall located one block from Astor College.

Students may also reside at Langton Close, self-catered hall of residence situated off Gray\'s Inn Road overlooking a quiet park with easy access to the city. Breakfast is not included. Langton Close offers self-contained flats of three to six single bedrooms. All flats have a kitchen/lounge room. All rooms are fully carpeted. Each bedroom has a wash hand basin. The flats of six rooms have two showers and toilets. All others have one shower and toilet. Each flat has a telephone located in the kitchen. The kitchen is fitted and equipment is provided for self-catering. There are two public payphones on the ground floor. Men and women students are assigned where possible to different flats. Langton Close itself has a large TV room, a small study room used during the day, vending machines and a coin-operated laundry room on site. Langton Close is within a short walking distance to the Faculty of Laws building.

Housing at both dormitories excludes the break period (i.e, July 17-27, 2003). Students remaining in London may make arrangements directly with these dormitories to reside at additional expense. When registering for the Program please indicate which dormitory you prefer.

Space, which is limited in both dormitories, will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Summary

Astor College

Includes Bed and Breakfast

Short walk to classes

Refrigerator in room

Telephone in each room

Computer points in each room

Computer Cluster Room

Communal bathrooms and showers

Langton Close

3 to 6 bedroom Self-Contained Flats

Breakfast not included

Short walk to classes

Telephone in the flats

Computer points in each bedroom

Computer Cluster Room

Bathroom and Shower in each flat

Bon Voyage!

Collapse

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Super thing but June 16 - Sept 13 ONLY May 15, 2003

I called Emily who takes care of bookings and I can tell you all the following:

ASTOR COLLEGE

99 Charlotte Street

London

Great Britain W1P 2JL

Phone: +44-20-73874537

Fax : +44-20-73830843

eMail: [email protected]

Rates for self-catered rooms:

Less than 7 days:

Single room GBP 20.95... See more
I called Emily who takes care of bookings and I can tell you all the following:

ASTOR COLLEGE

99 Charlotte Street

London

Great Britain W1P 2JL

Phone: +44-20-73874537

Fax : +44-20-73830843

eMail: [email protected]

Rates for self-catered rooms:

Less than 7 days:

Single room GBP 20.95

Two-bed room GBP 39.95

More than 7 days:

Single room GBP 19.20

Two-bed room GBP 37.30

Charlotte Street is VERY central:

Around the Corner from Goodge Street tube station a stone\'s throw NE Oxford Circus.

Addition: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/student-life/accommodation/types/houses/index.shtml

is a web-page listing various alternatives

Best

Mats J C Wiman

Übersetzer/Translator/Traducteur/Traductor > swe

http://www.MatsWiman.com

http://www.Deutsch-Schwedisch.com

http://www.proz.com/translator/1749

(ProZ.com deu>swe & forum moderator)

eMail : [email protected]

Street: Träsk 201

Tel : +46-612-54112

Fax : +46-612-54181

Mobile: +46-70-5769797

[ This Message was edited by: MatsWiman on 2003-05-16 10:05]
Collapse

Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the tips and the info. May 16, 2003

Thank you very much for the info, and to Mats for actually calling the place up to inquire!

I will check with my travel companions and see if they are interested.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Sara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for London hotel or B + B recommendation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »