Mobile menu

Off topic: Dublin accomodation required
Thread poster: blondish
Italian to English
Jul 19, 2008

My daughter who has just got a degree in Italy, is willing to come to Dublin for a couple of months (starting from mid August) in order to improve her rusty English.
Is there anyone who has a spare room to rent or needs an Italian baby- sitter for a couple of months?
Thanks for any help you could give.

Direct link Reply with quote
xxxJPW  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hi there Blondish Jul 20, 2008

I can't help you with the specifics of finding accommodation in Dublin (I'm in the wrong part of the country), but just be aware that it is very ( = VERY) expensive. As far as I know, there is a centre which is available for 'new arrivals':

They have a version in Italian, so at least it should give you a few pointers; and if you contact them, they might be able to sort out something regarding accommodation, baby-sitting jobs ( = au pair) , etc.

I don't know how useful this site will be to you, but as far as work is concerned, try contacting some Irish job agencies (via internet) directly, they might be able to sort something out, or point you in the right direction. Don't forget there's a recession heard it here first!

It's a start anyway....and good luck

Hilde Granlund  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:22
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Student accomodation Jul 20, 2008

The Dublin colleges rent out their student accomodation in the summer months. Both Trinity College and The Royal College of Surgeons have very central accomodation. Both have websites where you can book.
But maybe getting an au pair position is the best and cheapest.
Good luck, Dublin is a nice city

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dublin accomodation required

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs