@caduceus (X)
@caduceus (X)
United States
Local time: 13:50
English to German
+ ...
Jul 20, 2008

Dear Colleagues:

In an effort to help improve literacy, a friend of mine is in the process of opening a library in the small town of Ojochal, Costa Rica. So far, they have received many books written in English; however, Spanish books of all sorts are still greatly needed.

If you feel that donating your gently used Spanish books to this very special library project is a worthwhile cause, please contact me through my ProZ.com profile. At present, please do not send dict
... See more
Dear Colleagues:

In an effort to help improve literacy, a friend of mine is in the process of opening a library in the small town of Ojochal, Costa Rica. So far, they have received many books written in English; however, Spanish books of all sorts are still greatly needed.

If you feel that donating your gently used Spanish books to this very special library project is a worthwhile cause, please contact me through my ProZ.com profile. At present, please do not send dictionaries.

Please note that shipping costs cannot be reimbursed at this time. However, books may be shipped via USPS Media Mail at a very reasonable cost ( see http://www.usps.com/prices/media-mail-prices.htm ). Hopefully you will simply be inspired to make a meaningful contribution to a community in need.

Of course, those wishing to make a monetary contribution instead may contact me as well. In addition to books, the library also still needs windows, furniture, etc.

Donors will receive recognition for their generosity in form of a listing displayed at the library.

Thank you for considering a book donation, no matter how small, and thereby enabling the establishment of a bilingual library, which would be a tremendous blessing for the community of Ojochal, Costa Rica.

Renate

[Edited at 2008-07-20 23:42]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spanish books needed for library project in Ojochal, Costa Rica

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »