Mobile menu

Off topic: Transcription software
Thread poster: Karin Adamczyk
Karin Adamczyk  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:02
French to English
Sep 2, 2008

I have been using Express Scribe (NCH Software) for a never-ending transcription project and wonder what the best software available for transcription would be.

It is missing one very basic feature, but other than that, it works quite well.

It does not allow me to change the time for time coding (time stamping). I can choose either audio time or recorded time, but I cannot change the time used to a different time.

In these WMV clips, the client has placed a time stamp on the video, but this timing is different from simply the actual time of the recording. They do want this time sequence to be used, so when we finish a clip, we need to run it through on Windows Media player to get the timing used.

I would want the software to be able to use .wmv, .wav and .mp3 file types, but this is not so critical because I can convert video/audio types, although it does seem that .wmv is very necessary.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Take care,
Karin Adamczyk

FR > EN Technical Translator
(information technology, banking, business, environment)

Direct link Reply with quote

Dr. Birgitte Eggeling  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:02
German to Danish
transcription software Sep 2, 2008

Hello Karin,

here is one free software which could be interesting for you:

I know that the software "esmaralda" is a possibility as well.

Best Regards

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transcription software

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs