Mobile menu

Off topic: Please help - looking to replace world currency collection
Thread poster: Drew MacFadyen

Drew MacFadyen
Local time: 14:16
Sep 23, 2008

Hi ProZians - this is Drew MacFadyen a site staff member. My very best friend lives in Detroit and on a recent trip to the UK their home was invaded and they lost everything. The magnitude of the theft is kind of mindboggling - they took a half used tube of toothpaste, a half empty carton of q-tips, rolls of toilet paper, copper plumbing from the attic - they took everything.

My friend Josh had been a world traveler and in his life visited many countries and always collected a bit of paper currency - small denominations from every country he visited. This collection was not worth a lot, but as many of the countries he visited are now using the EURO much of the currency he collected can never be replaced.

I am struggling to find a way to support my dear friend who is many miles away and thought that perhaps the power of the community could help. I am desperate to do something for my friend in this time of need.

SO if any of you live in a country that does not use the Euro please contact with Currency Exchange in the subject line or if anyone still has access to EU country currency from before that country converted to the EURO and would be willing to part with it please let me know as I would like to arrange for the sending of paper currency. I will gladly pay the value and any shipping and handling fees via paypal.

Thank you all for reading and for any support you may provide - and if you are not able to exchange paper currency and wish to simply post a note to this thread I am sure Josh and Nicole would be cheered up by well wishes , even those from a complete stranger 1,000 of miles away.

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please help - looking to replace world currency collection

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs