Thread poster: Ma.Elena Carrión de Medina

Ma.Elena Carrión de Medina  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:15
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 21, 2008

Dear All,

A few months ago, while browsing through KOG, I found an add about a company called "Data Entry Portal" ( and I´d like to know if maybe one of you has tried it as I´d like to recommended it to a non-translator friend who is in need of a job.

However, as there are so many scams on internet lately, I wanted to ask for references before I tell my friend to go for it.

If you have any information about it, I´d like to hear it.
Thank you for your time.

[Edited at 2008-10-21 15:03]

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 01:15
Spanish to English
Updated envelope-stuffing? Oct 21, 2008

Just taking a fast look at the site, there seemed little difference in content from the classic "Stufgf envelopes-at-home" scam.
Turns out it is the 21st century version:

Just like the 19th century "Spanish Prisoner" now has e-mails from Nigeria, and MacKay's tulipmania and Mississippi Bubble became the junk financing and "strip" and "strap" derivatives that have led to the current "financial crisis", there is little new under the sun.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

References on Data Entry add posted in Proz

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs