Thread poster: AnkeSR

AnkeSR  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:17
English to German
+ ...
Nov 3, 2008

Dear All,

We have been living in the province of Cadiz for 5 yrs.
We are currently contemplating moving to Granada, Granada capital.
I have a 7 yr old daughter who needs decent schooling. (she grows up trilingual, English, German, Spanish). Anyone who can recommend schools in Granada?
Where does one live? Any thoughts? We do not need to find work as an internet access is sufficient for us. I would love to hear from people who live there. Any comments no matter what are of interest to me. PS. I have been in Granada before. I know my way around.. but never lived there... only 4 wks once.

Direct link Reply with quote

Capesha  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Remember me? Nov 3, 2008

Nearly 2 years ago we had a short co-operation

I did not live in Granada, but I worked in an in-house position, where we had a subsidiary in Granada (company TEKA).

I am sure, that you will get valuable help from our colleagues here - if not, you may contact me again and I will ask my "old" colleagues from TEKA to assist with the requested information. They always were very helpful and friendly.

Monika Jakacka Márquez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2006)
Polish to Spanish
+ ...
Living in Granada Nov 3, 2008

Hello,

Unfortunatelly I cannot help you with schools (I don't have a child yet), but as I live here since 9 years, I know the city quite well.
There are no problems with getting a DLS line for Internet in any part of the city, so it depends on you to choose the right place for stay. You can also consider living in some town near Granada, but there you can have problems with having good school or proper medical services (which is quite essential when you have children).

If you need any help here, in Granada, just let me know. You can contact me by mail or by skype (you have my contact details on my profile page).

Regards,

Monika

Tomás Cano Binder, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dale Nov 4, 2008

Dale limosna, mujer,
que no hay en la vida nada
como la pena de ser
ciego en Granada.

AnkeSR  Identity Verified
Spain
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 6, 2008

Dear All,

thank you for the comments and also the mails others sent me directly.
It is great to know there are so many nice & helpful people out there.
Saludos Anke

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Living in Granada

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs