Off topic: Visit to Guatemala - visa?
Thread poster: patyjs

patyjs  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 14, 2008

HI everyone,

I have a UK passport but have lived in Mexico for the last 20 years...I hold an FM2. I am planning to travel to Guatemala in December and have found conflicting information on the Internet as to whether I need a visa or not.

One site says that citizens of the UK do not need a visa; another says that citizens of the UK residing in Mexico DO.

Anyone know been in the same position?

Direct link Reply with quote
nruddy  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:44
German to English
I didn't when I went there Nov 14, 2008

I went there shortly after I came to Mexico and didn't need a visa. Just make sure they stamp your FM2 on the way out and on the way in. Then again, I'm Irish
Maybe someone from the UK can help.

Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:44
German to English
+ ...
Call the Guatemalan Consulate in Mexico City Nov 14, 2008

They should be able to tell you.

Good luck!

Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:44
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
IATA Nov 15, 2008

As far as travel information is concerned, I suggest that you visit either the web-site of consulate or IATA.

Here's the link that will be of some help:

hope this helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Visit to Guatemala - visa?

Advanced search

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs