Mobile menu

Off topic: 3rd grade geography project update and thank you
Thread poster: Maria-Jose Pastor
Maria-Jose Pastor
Local time: 14:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 24, 2003

Thank you to all! Here is a letter from the teacher who asked that I send to you.

Dear friends from around the world,

Today, June 24th, the last day of the school year is a day of celebration and reflection. I celebrate the children's achievements over the year, and reflect on all the fun times we've had, the projects we have done and how each child has grown over the course of the year.

In reflecting back, the geography project we did stands out as the most valuable, fun and inspiring of all. The children so enjoyed receiving letters from around the globe. They would come to class in the morning asking excitedly if we had received any new packages. They listened attentively as the recipients shared the information they had received. The classroom was filled with pictures and flags from around the world. We were, quite franky, the envy of the third grade classes.

The children have come away with a much richer knowledge and understanding of the world around us - cultures, peoples, and of course geography - than they would have without this experience.

None of this would have been possible without the generous outpouring from all of you who contributed. A simple "thank you" is not enough to express my gratitude. However, for lack of a better way - THANK YOU!

Mrs. J. Kuruc
3rd grade teacher
Samuel Staples Elementary School

Direct link Reply with quote

María Alejandra Funes
Local time: 15:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank YOU Jul 10, 2003

Thanks, Maria-Jose, for posting this letter! To be honest with you, I was wondering if the children have received our letters and now I have the answer!

It was a pleasure

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

3rd grade geography project update and thank you

Advanced search

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs