Off topic: MA in English
Thread poster: Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:59
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jul 12, 2003

I currently have a BA in English and Technical English and would like to obtain an MA in English. I also have an MA and BA in Spanish.

My problem is the following: I live in Suriname and am looking to obtain an MA in English through on-line, distance education. Can anyone recommend a good, reputable university with reasonably prices? It does not matter whether it is in Europe, Canada, the USA or even Australia. Although, 'double auch' if I would need to go to Australia to take one
... See more
I currently have a BA in English and Technical English and would like to obtain an MA in English. I also have an MA and BA in Spanish.

My problem is the following: I live in Suriname and am looking to obtain an MA in English through on-line, distance education. Can anyone recommend a good, reputable university with reasonably prices? It does not matter whether it is in Europe, Canada, the USA or even Australia. Although, 'double auch' if I would need to go to Australia to take one or more exams on-campus.

Is it even possible to get a language degree on-line/through the internet or through correspondence course work? Does anyone know?

English is my native language, so it would not be a problem for me to follow graduate studies.

Thank you for your time.
Lucinda
Collapse

Marijke Mayer
Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:59
Dutch to English
+ ...
Google keywords: distance learning, open university Jul 13, 2003

Hi Lucinda,

If you want to further yourself, I think the possibilities in this field are boundless, to mention just a few:
www.open.ac.uk/

Open Universiteit Template
dit is de Homepage van Open Universiteit Nederland ga naar de engelstalige website
ga naar nieuws ga naar de zoekfunctie ga naar de hulpfunctie ga naar ...
Beschrijving: Open universiteit voor
... See more
Hi Lucinda,

If you want to further yourself, I think the possibilities in this field are boundless, to mention just a few:
www.open.ac.uk/

dit is de Homepage van Open Universiteit Nederland ga naar de engelstalige website
Beschrijving: Open universiteit voor begeleide zelfstudie. Met een overzicht van de vestigingen, organisatie en...
Categorie: World > Nederlands > Onderwijs > Universiteiten > Nederland
www.ou.nl/ -

I have some friends who have followed these courses, there are usually some on-site training weeks involved and my guess would be that you would want to go to a place nearest to you:

AMERICAS OPEN UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI
... ABET OPEN UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI. Method: Distance, through the Web Courses:
MBA, CIO, IME Automatic Complementary Up-Date Atualizacion ...
www.netnegocios.com/curricul/un1000up.htm - 41k - In cache - Gelijkwaardige pagina's

Good luck!
Marijke
Collapse

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:59
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hartelijk dank Marijke! Jul 13, 2003

Hartelijk dank, Marijke.

Marijke Mayer wrote:

Hi Lucinda,

www.open.ac.uk/

Beschrijving: Open universiteit voor begeleide zelfstudie. Met een overzicht van de vestigingen, organisatie en...
Categorie: World > Nederlands > Onderwijs > Universiteiten > Nederland
www.ou.nl/ -

I have some friends who have followed these courses, there are usually some on-site training weeks involved and my guess would be that you would want to go to a place nearest to you:

AMERICAS OPEN UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI
... ABET OPEN UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI. Method: Distance, through the Web Courses:
MBA, CIO, IME Automatic Complementary Up-Date Atualizacion ...
www.netnegocios.com/curricul/un1000up.htm - 41k - In cache - Gelijkwaardige pagina's

Good luck!
Marijke

keithglong
keithglong
English
MA in English Sep 23, 2003

Hi Lucinda,

You may want to take a look at the MA in English Linguistics program at the University of Central England in Birmingham:

http://www.cie.uce.ac.uk/soe/Pgrad/pgdipma_linguistics.htm

Best regards,

Keith

Lucinda Hollenberg wrote:

My problem is the following: I live in Suriname and am looking to obtain an MA in English through on-line, distance education. Can anyone recommend a good, reputable university with reasonably prices? It does not matter whether it is in Europe, Canada, the USA or even Australia. Although, 'double auch' if I would need to go to Australia to take one or more exams on-campus.

Is it even possible to get a language degree on-line/through the internet or through correspondence course work? Does anyone know?

English is my native language, so it would not be a problem for me to follow graduate studies.

Thank you for your time.
Lucinda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MA in English

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »