Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 09:05
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Feb 26, 2009

We are going to spend Eastern in the Eternal City and now I'd like to know what will be going on and where to get tickets. The site rome.opera.it did not open.
Could you please help?

Regards
Heinrich

Direct link Reply with quote

Sandra Bertolini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:05
German to Italian
+ ...
Concerts in Rome Feb 26, 2009

Hi Heinrich,

these are the possibilities you could have around Easter time (but not on Easter day of course, not in Italy!):

Accademia di S. Cecilia:
http://www.santacecilia.it/scw/servlet/Controller?gerarchia=01.07&theCalendar=viewSeason&dataNormal=allDate&theMount=4&annoCorrente=2009

Auditorium Parco della musica:
http://www.auditorium.com/eventi/?pagina=19

Opera di Roma:
http://www.operaroma.it/stagione/cartellone_2009/(mese)/4

There are many different possibilities and you can buy the tickets directly (Acquista = Buy) in the first two links and in Biglietteria in the last one.

And this is another opportunity of having a general overview of the concerts going on in Rome in that period:

http://www.info.roma.it/concerti_musica_classica_roma.asp?offset=10

I'm afraid they're all almost in Italian... but if you need any help, ask.

Have a nice stay in Rome!

Sandra

Giuliana d'Orazi Flavoni
Italy
Italian to English
Try this one Feb 26, 2009

Hello Heinrich,

Try this one: www.listicket.it , it’s the one I usually use to buy tickets online, or (more specific)
you can this one: www.auditorium.com
I hope you have a lovely time
G

Silvia Barra  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Enjoy it Feb 26, 2009

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

We are going to spend Eastern in the Eternal City and now I'd like to know what will be going on and where to get tickets. The site rome.opera.it did not open.
Could you please help?

Regards
Heinrich

Dear Heinrich enjoy that beautiful city and the concerts it offers!
Silvia

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 26, 2009

It looks like they are taking long holidays around Eastern. Nothing after April 8th. Well, we have to stick to the museums and restaurants.
I wonder how are the chances to attend midnight-mass in St. Peter's dome? Any experience?

Regards
Heinrich

Sandra Bertolini  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Info about museums Feb 26, 2009

Hi Heinrich,

sorry to bring you "bad" news but please remember that most Italian museums are closed on Easter and/or on the following Monday.... so plan your trip according to the different opening times!!!

Bye

Sandra

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Opening times Feb 26, 2009

I believe most museums are closed on Mondays, but at least the Gallery Borghese is open on Easter Sunday and the Villa Guilia and the Spada Gallery inform me to be open every day except Mondays, Christmas day and January 1st. So they should be open on Easter.
But if not, there are all the churches to be visited.
Regards
Heinrich

Francesca Pesce  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Rome now has a new website for its cultural events Feb 27, 2009

dear Hienrich,

at the site www.060608.it you will find most of the events (music, theatre, museums, etc.) organised in Rome. It is the official site of the city for cultural events et al. You can also book or buy tickets for most of the events, or find the specific websites you may need (in Italian and English). It is quite recent (a few months) so it is not perfect yet, but it helps. I use it to buy or book museum tickets (I live in Rome).

When you are physically in Rome, you can also call the number 060608 and obtain any last minute information you may need.

As you say, most major museums (not the Vatican of course) are open on Easter Sunday.

I should be around for Easter, if I don't manage to go to Sicily on holiday, so if you want, we can organise a dinner with other colleagues.

Sorry I cannot help for the midnight mass part . Never been. But the via crucis in the city before Easter seems to be quite a big event (they also show it on TV usually). And the urbis and orbis benediction as well, but I don't remember when that is.

Have a nice holiday!

Francesca

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Francesca Feb 27, 2009

I found a few concerts, and inquired about tickets via email.
I requested tickets to the Holly Mass too. The Vatican has a form for that.
Regards
Heinrich

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
All is fine Mar 6, 2009

We got already the invitation from the Vatican, so that we can collect the tickets for St. Peter and the Easter Mass. And I booked tickets to one concert too. One day we are going to spend in Tivoli. So we have much to do.
My wife has not been to Rome before, now she noticed that the birthday of Rome is the same like her own, only that she is about 2700 years younger. So actually we should stay another week to spend the birthday party in Rome on April 21.

Regards
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Classical music in Rome?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs