Thread poster: Uldis Liepkalns

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 09:56
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Jul 30, 2003

I just want to thank all the Greek translators who suggested to me many wonderful sites to visit in Greece. We with my family spent unforgettable 10 days in Greece, we saw many beautiful sites and sights, enjoyed Greek hospitality and did not had any however
slight complaint (except heat, of course, you should take better care of that next time- but, OTOH, we had rented a car with climate control).
Your country is of indescribable beauty, thank you very much!

Uldis

[Edited at 2003-07-30 20:52]

Direct link Reply with quote

Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:56
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Agreement Jul 30, 2003

I wholeheartedly agree. I've been to Greece 5 times for more than a month at a time. I can even babble the language a bit. For me, it is the most beatiful country I've visited. The atmosphere is incredible. I remember parties in the mountains of a far off island with mind-altering music, dance, goat meat, local vegetables, strong and tasty wine and too man other things to mention. There is nothing else like it.

Robert INGLEDEW  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
IT WOULD BE INTERESTING IF YOU COULD ADD SOME PHOTOS Aug 1, 2003

Edward Potter wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree. I've been to Greece 5 times for more than a month at a time. I can even babble the language a bit. For me, it is the most beatiful country I've visited. The atmosphere is incredible. I remember parties in the mountains of a far off island with mind-altering music, dance, goat meat, local vegetables, strong and tasty wine and too man other things to mention. There is nothing else like it.

I normally write at the Proz. forums on the beauties of Argentina, and always add some internet link so that people may see the beautiful places I am talking about.

I am sure that there are places you enjoyed more than others, and it would be nice if you could add some links so that we may enjoy them also.

Regards from Argentina.

Robert Ingledew

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 09:56
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Pictures from Greece Aug 12, 2003

Robert INGLEDEW wrote:

I am sure that there are places you enjoyed more than others, and it would be nice if you could add some links so that we may enjoy them also.

Regards from Argentina.

Robert Ingledew

You're welcome to my homepage, I just put some photos of myself and my family from Greece there:
http://home.parks.lv/uldis/family.htm

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:56
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Tall order, Robert Aug 12, 2003

But here's a place to start:

http://www.magicaljourneys.com/index_mainland.html

It's one of those countries you won't be able to "do" in one visit - more like 5, as Edward did it; each island is different, and each mainland site has its magic. I'm still working on an ongoing museum documentation project in this regard. One of my best experiences was returning from Crete the day before the hotel expected our arrival and being hastily accommodated with all our photo equipment into a 3-room suite of the Electra Palace penthouse with a fabulous view of the Parthenon from the terrace... at no extra charge. (That's what I call luck.) We didn't sleep that night, just looking at it all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Greece- a beautiful country

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums