Mobile menu

Off topic: Excuse notes from parents sent to schools...
Thread poster: Monika Coulson

Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:30
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Aug 24, 2003

Real excuse notes from parents (with their original spelling) collected by schools from all over the country:

1. My son is under a doctor's care and should not take P.E. today. Please execute him.

2. Please excuse Lisa for being absent. She was sick and I had her shot.

3. Dear School: Please excuse John being absent on Jan. 28, 29,30, 31, 32, and also 33.

4.Please excuse Gloria from Jim today. She is administrating.

5. Please excuse Roland from P.E. for a few days. Yesterday he fell out of a tree and misplaced his hip.

6. John has been absent because he had two teeth taken out of his face.

7. Carlos was absent yesterday because he was playing football. He was hurt in the growing part.

8. Megan could not come to school today because she has been bothered by very close veins.

9. Chris will not be in school cus he has an acre in his side.

10. Please excuse Ray Friday from school. He has very loose vowels.

11. Please excuse Pedro from being absent yesterday. He had (diahre) (dyrea) (direathe) the runs. [words in ()'s were crossed out.]

12. Please excuse Burma, she has been sick and under the doctor.

13. Irving was absent yesterday because he missed his bust.

14. Please excuse Jimmy for being. It was his father's fault.

15. I kept Billie home because she had to go Christmas shopping because I don't know what size she wears.

16. Please excuse Jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the Sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it Monday, we thought it was Sunday.

17. Sally won't be in school a week from Friday. We have to attend her funeral.

18. My daughter was absent yesterday because she was tired. She spent a weekend with the Marines.

19. Please excuse Jason for being absent yesterday. He had a cold and could not breed well.

20. Please excuse Mary for being absent yesterday. She was in bed with gramps.

21. Maryann was absent December 11-16, because she had a fever, sore throat, headache and upset stomach. Her sister was also sick, fever and sore throat, her brother had a low grade fever and ached all over. I wasn't the best either, sore throat and fever. There must be something going around, her father even got hot last night.

22. Please excuse little Jimmy for not being in school yesterday. His father is gone and I could not get him ready because I was in bed with the doctor.
Monika

Direct link Reply with quote

Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:30
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I cannot stop laughing!!! Aug 24, 2003

Monika Coulson wrote:

Real excuse notes from parents (with their original spelling) collected by schools from all over the country:

16. Please excuse Jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the Sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it Monday, we thought it was Sunday.

Monika

Excellent, Monika! All of them!

Andrea

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:30
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
A very old one Aug 25, 2003

An excuse note story I heard as a child, more years ago than I like to remember...

Dear Teacher,
Johnny hasn't come because he hasn't been. I've given him something to make him go, and when he's been, he'll come.

Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:00
English to Tamil
+ ...
Here is one excuse the teacher accepted Aug 25, 2003

Some years back I read this in The Readers' Digest.
"Late last night we heard a funny sound in our farm. Father took an automatic gun and was roaming about the farm, keeping the safety catch released. He heard some suspicious noise from the poultry area and trained his gun at that place. At that time our family dog chose to come behind him and touched his bare calf (father was wearing Bermudas) with his cold nose. Throughout the next day we had been cleaning the poultry stall full of feathers."

Joeri Van Liefferinge  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 01:30
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
From a classmate Aug 25, 2003

A classmate of mine who used to come in late almost every day one day used the excuse: "We couldn't leave the house, because our front door was snowed in and we had to clear the driveway before we could take the car out of the garage." A very plausible excuse, but the teacher didn't buy it. I think the fact that he used that excuse on a bright summer day gave him away...

Thierry LOTTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:30
Member (2001)
English to French
+ ...
Tks to Monika and Narasinham Aug 25, 2003

I really loved monikas's number 16 (surrealistic indeed !) and the one provided by Narasinham Raghavan :it could be a good example of what the British use to call an "understatement" (this famous world so difficult to translate...)

[Edited at 2003-08-25 16:52]

xxx xxx
Local time: 02:30
Please quote your rates, Thierry! Aug 26, 2003

Thierry LOTTE wrote:

I really loved monikas's number 16 (surrealistic indeed !) and the one provided by Narasinham Raghavan :it could be a good example of what the British use to call an "understatement" (this famous world so difficult to translate...)

Dear Thierry,

I wonder how much you charge your customers per world translated? Do you charge them per source or per target world?

Cheers,

Diane

[Edited at 2003-08-26 22:23]

Pablo Cañamares  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 02:30
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
Oh my god Aug 29, 2003

This reminds me a very nice man who was my teacher since I was 9 till I was 11.

When you didn't do the homework he would give you a handwritten note to be returned to him signed by your parents, so you had to undergo all the shame.

Well, once, just once, I tried to forge my father's signature.
Of course, he discovered right away, and the b****** kept the note for months, just to show my mother next time she went to the school to talk with him. Argh... I still have such bad memories about that...

Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:30
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More excuses from children... Nov 14, 2003

I lost it fighting this kid you said you weren't the best teacher in the school
I was mugged on the way to school and the mugger took everything I had

Our puppy toilet trained on it

Some aliens from outer space borrowed it so they could study how the human brain worked

I put it in a safe, but lost the combination

I loaned it to a friend, but he suddenly moved away

Our furnace stopped working and we had to burn it to stop ourselves from freezing

I left it in my shirt and my mother put it in the washing machine

I didn't do it because I didn't want to add to your already heavy workload

My little sister ate it.

[Edited at 2003-11-14 20:36]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excuse notes from parents sent to schools...

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs