https://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/13558-happy_birthday_to_you_prozcom_happy_birthday_to_you.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >
Off topic: Happy birthday to you (ProZ.com), happy birthday to you!!!...
Thread poster: Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 25, 2003

Happy birthday to you.....

Happy birthday, dear Proz.....

... See more

Happy birthday to you!!!....

Henry,

No doubt your intention was to create a site for translators, a tool. But...just have a look. See what we have here! A place to help and to be helped, to meet people with exactly our same problems/needs, to get jobs, a place to LEARN...
This is much more than a simple tool. This is a great site, dear Henry, thank you! and...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Aurora

ProZ was launched as a translators site on August 25, 1999.

[Edited at 2003-08-25 21:07]
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 02:09
SITE FOUNDER
Thanks for remembering -- ProZ.com is 4 yrs old! Aug 25, 2003

Thanks for remembering, Aurorah!

ProZ.com is four years old, measured, in my opinion, in child (and not racehorse) years. We are through random scribbling, deep into controlled scribbling, and beginning (I hope) to be capable of purposeful construction.

According to one website, "'Energetic' and 'imaginative' best describe the 4-year-old... [We] feel good about the things [we] can do, show self
... See more
Thanks for remembering, Aurorah!

ProZ.com is four years old, measured, in my opinion, in child (and not racehorse) years. We are through random scribbling, deep into controlled scribbling, and beginning (I hope) to be capable of purposeful construction.

According to one website, "'Energetic' and 'imaginative' best describe the 4-year-old... [We] feel good about the things [we] can do, show self-confidence, and are willing to try new adventures."

Here's to new adventures. Thanks for playing in the sandbox with me.
Collapse

Andrea Ali
Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It's true! Aug 25, 2003

It was August 25th!
Even though it is still August 24th here, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PROZ!!!

Cheers!!!

Andrea

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 02:09
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Happy Birthday, ProZ Aug 25, 2003

Let's sing

Let's dance

and
... See more
Let's sing

Let's dance

and let's eat the cake!

[Edited at 2003-08-25 03:27]
Collapse

Pamela Peralta
Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 01:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feliz cumpleaños Aug 25, 2003

I too want to wish you a Happy Birthday ProZ. And I want some cake!:)

Cheers,
Pamela

two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Happy Birthday ProZ! Aug 25, 2003

AURORA HUMARAN wrote:
No doubt your intention was to create a site for translators, a tool. But...just have a look. See what we have here! A place to help and to be helped, to meet people with exactly our same problems/needs, to get jobs, a place to LEARN...
This is much more than a simple tool. This is a great site, dear Henry, thank you! and...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Aurora is absolutely right! ProZ is a lot more than a site dedicated to translation.

Thanks to Henry for creating ProZ!
Thanks to PRoZ staff for keeping it running!
Thanks to our colleagues for giving life to it!

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:09
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
And many, many more Aug 25, 2003

Happy Birthday ProZ.com, the best place where translators meet, help each-other, get help and learn.

[Edited at 2003-08-25 15:07]

María Alejandra Funes
María Alejandra Funes
English to Spanish
+ ...
Happy B-day! Aug 25, 2003

Thank you, Henry, and thank you ProZ members for all your help, suggestions, friendship, etc., etc., etc.!!!

Best wishes from Montreal,

ALE

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Spanish
+ ...
Congratulations on your B-day Aug 25, 2003

Aurora is absolutely right, this is way more than just a tool. This is a place that most of us treasure very much, and not only for professional purposes. It's been a fantastic ride here at ProZ, and these four years are just the beginning. Thank you Henry, Hermann and all the staff.

Happy fourth anniversary and many more to come.

Claudia

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:09
English to Chinese
+ ...
Happy birthday, Proz.com Aug 25, 2003

Many thanks to Henry for creating this wonderful site and all my colleagues to make it an exciting place for learning and giving.

Zhoudan

Carlos Moreno
Carlos Moreno  Identity Verified
Colombia
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, Happy Birthday! Aug 25, 2003

Happy birthday to ProZ! I have had the pleasure of knowing ProZ for almost three years now, and now it is part of my every day. I remember, for example, the crusade to raise job prices (which will never end...), last year's troubles when an accident knocked out one of the servers, and for some days ProZ did not run. It crawled. But fortunately for all, a few days (and many thousand dollars) later, it run again.

I also remember when all of ProZ's free members were encouraged to get a
... See more
Happy birthday to ProZ! I have had the pleasure of knowing ProZ for almost three years now, and now it is part of my every day. I remember, for example, the crusade to raise job prices (which will never end...), last year's troubles when an accident knocked out one of the servers, and for some days ProZ did not run. It crawled. But fortunately for all, a few days (and many thousand dollars) later, it run again.

I also remember when all of ProZ's free members were encouraged to get a paid membership. ProZ received the biggest response of any page in the history of Internet, and now, ProZ members are aound 60,000. Not many paid pages can say that.

Furthermore, as a systems engineer, I can say this: Proz is one of the best-crafted pages in the web. Some of you will say it is not perfect. No, it is not, but it comes close, and with the help of all, it will be closer each day.

I am going to open a new forum today. It will be called "What I would like to see in ProZ", and I invite all of you to drop in and give your contribution. Who will win with this? Proz? Yes, of course, but ultimately, it will be You, and you, and every ProZ member.

And to Henry and team: Thanks for all your effort, thanks for your vision, thanks for loving your job.
Collapse

Сергей Лузан
Сергей Лузан
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:09
German to Russian
+ ...
Many happy returns of the day! Aug 25, 2003

AURORA HUMARAN wrote:
Happy birthday to you!!!....
Henry,
Aurora
ProZ was launched as a translators site on August 25, 1999.
[Edited at 2003-08-25 02:30]

Greeting from Moscow (Russia) in the morning. It's an extremely helpful tool & a place to get to know first-hand linguistical information. Best wishes!
Sergey

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:09
German to Croatian
+ ...
Happy birthday... Aug 25, 2003

to my favourite site, and best wishes to its creators!

Borana Moisiu
Borana Moisiu
Albania
English to Albanian
+ ...
Happy Birthday ProZ Aug 25, 2003

It is indeed an extremely helpful site. I am a relativly new member and I have found so much help and information from this site. Thank you so much to Henry and Thank You to ProZ members.
Borana

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Just joining in... Aug 25, 2003

...on the congrats - great stuff!! I sincerely hope that ProZ.com will make it through the next four (and many more) years.

Let's continue working together to improve it further.

Regards from Berlin/Germany,
Steffen

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Happy birthday to you (ProZ.com), happy birthday to you!!!...

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »