Off topic: Looking for Internet Access in Amsterdam
Thread poster: Rebecca Holmes

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 18:52
German to English
Aug 27, 2003

Dear Prozies,
My parents are here and we are planning to spend a long weekend (Fri., Sat., Sun. and Mon.) in Amsterdam. Unfortunately, I am going to need to send and very possibly receive files over the Internet during this time period.
I am sure there on thousands of Internet cafés in the city, but it my experience with Internet cafes it is virtually impossible to be able to insert a disc in their computers to uphold and send a file or to download and save a file to disc.
Does anyone out there (in Amsterdam?) know of somewhere in the city where this can be done? I would really, really appreciate any helpful information.
I will have a laptop with me but I am not sure whether I will be able to use the hotel phone connenction for the modem or not.

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 00:52
English to French
+ ...
Kinko Aug 27, 2003

Overtoom 62
1054HL Amsterdam

Tel: 020 5890910
Fax: 020 5890920

Here you can internetten, work, bring your own floppy to work with and print whatever you need. You buy time behind a computer that you can use as at home.

It is also open in the evenings.

Gideon van Zoest
Local time: 00:52
German to Dutch
+ ...
Why not using a virtual (hard)disk Aug 27, 2003

Having experienced the same kind of problems, I usually store my files at a virtual harddisk, i.e. in my Inbox (webmail). By doing so, I can access the files I need easyly and can also store incoming attachments etc.

Good luck!

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 18:52
German to English
Thanks Aug 28, 2003

Thank you very much Lien and Gideon!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for Internet Access in Amsterdam

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs