Off topic: Training Offer: Becoming a Real Man
Thread poster: Borana Moisiu
Lorenzo Lilli
Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:29
German to Italian
+ ...
my 2 cents Sep 26, 2003

Women have nothing to say, but they say it beautifully.

(to be honest, not really my 2 cents, but Oscar Wilde's 2 cents)

[Edited at 2003-09-26 16:30]

[Edited at 2003-09-26 22:38]

Borana Moisiu
Borana Moisiu
Albania
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My 2 cents on this topic... Sep 26, 2003

I started this thread because I thought it was humoreous. I know that there are differences between men and women and that we compensate each-other with them, by being one whole. The important thing is that there are not harm feelings and that some jokes should not pass the border line, where hate and anger begin. Myself, I would not make fun of the marriage, since it was ordained by God. Nevertheless, there are humoreous things that make us laugh in both women and men.
Greetings to all me
... See more
I started this thread because I thought it was humoreous. I know that there are differences between men and women and that we compensate each-other with them, by being one whole. The important thing is that there are not harm feelings and that some jokes should not pass the border line, where hate and anger begin. Myself, I would not make fun of the marriage, since it was ordained by God. Nevertheless, there are humoreous things that make us laugh in both women and men.
Greetings to all men and women,
Borana

[Edited at 2003-09-26 21:06]
Collapse

two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Limits Sep 26, 2003

Borana wrote:
Myself, I would not make fun of the marriage, since it was ordained by God.

... while men and women were created by...?

Borana Moisiu
Borana Moisiu
Albania
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A sense of humour Sep 26, 2003

Dear two2tango,
Yes, I do agree that men and women are created by God, but we are not perfect in this life. I do not think anyone is perfect and there are a few things that we as humans do, which at times we can laugh with. I do not see anything wrong here. As I stated it in my previous comment, this was just a joke and I did not intend to offend men or women in general. Just little things to laugh with. Even God himself has a sense of humour I think. Look at some things that we as human d
... See more
Dear two2tango,
Yes, I do agree that men and women are created by God, but we are not perfect in this life. I do not think anyone is perfect and there are a few things that we as humans do, which at times we can laugh with. I do not see anything wrong here. As I stated it in my previous comment, this was just a joke and I did not intend to offend men or women in general. Just little things to laugh with. Even God himself has a sense of humour I think. Look at some things that we as human do
Best regards,
Borana Moisiu

two2tango wrote:

Borana wrote:

Collapse

two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Just sharing, no critic intended Sep 26, 2003

Borana wrote:

Dear two2tango,
Yes, I do agree that men and women are created by God, but we are not perfect in this life. I do not think anyone is perfect and there are a few things that we as humans do, which at times we can laugh with. I do not see anything wrong here. As I stated it in my previous comment, this was just a joke and I did not intend to offend men or women in general. Just little things to laugh with. Even God himself has a sense of humour I think. Look at some things that we as human do
Best regards,
Borana Moisiu

two2tango wrote:

Borana wrote:

Dear Borana, I have nothig against humor. As I told Edwal earlier, I am not judging the thread, nor critizising anyone. I mean it.

I just felt like bringing to life my old friend Gibran, to help us remember that, under the differences that make us laugh, we share a lot in common.

No critic, just sharing. Just a bridge.

Best regards,
Enrique

Borana Moisiu
Borana Moisiu
Albania
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Under the differences that make us laugh, we share a lot in common." Sep 26, 2003

"under the differences that make us laugh, we share a lot in common"

Very true and wise.
Thank you for sharing this thought dear Enrique.
Have a good night (evening, day, morning) everyone,
Borana

two2tango wrote:
... under the differences that make us laugh, we share a lot in common.

No critic, just sharing. Just a bridge.

Best regards,
Enrique

Erika P (X)
Erika P (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:29
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Wilde thing Sep 26, 2003

Lorenzo Lilli wrote:

(to be honest, not really my 2 cents, it't Oscar Wilde's 2 cents)

...and some "men have a lot to say, but a little to offer."
Oscar is definitely an exception in my book, but was he a "real" man...? Let’s call God to sort the dilemma out. She should know.

XXX
Erika

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Shhhh... Sep 26, 2003

Erika Pál wrote:

Let’s call God to sort the dilemma out. She should know.

She said it was supposed to be a secret between us women.

Lorenzo Lilli
Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
Wilde thing Sep 26, 2003

Erika Pál wrote:

Lorenzo Lilli wrote:

(to be honest, not really my 2 cents, it\'t Oscar Wilde\'s 2 cents)

...and some \"men have a lot to say, but a little to offer.\"
Oscar is definitely an exception in my book, but was he a \"real\" man...? Let’s call God to sort the dilemma out. She should know.

XXX
Erika

Well, he made fun of both women and men, didn\'t he? That\'s what we\'re doing here, I think. Just as a joke, of course.

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:29
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Differences... Sep 26, 2003

We are different, and THIS is what makes this life and this world interesting. How boring would it be if all women were the same, if all men were the same and if there were no differences between men and women??? By the same token, we have a lot in common. We are all human after all.

Monika

two2tango wrote:

under the differences that make us laugh, we share a lot in common.

[Edited at 2003-09-26 23:36]

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:59
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
Vive la difference Sep 27, 2003

Where will we be without the differences, at least the fundamental one? It is all give and take and if anyone suspects to see some double meaning in this let me hasten to say that it was intended.
One more difference I would like to list:
The titles of books meant for the different genders are revealing. E.g. How to be a happy carefree bachelor, How to get your man to lead you to the altar.. Need I say more?

invguy
invguy  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 18:29
English to Bulgarian
The main bridge Sep 27, 2003

Joking about how someone is different from someone else, is also a way of accepting the difference - and not necessarily with offence or hostility

Besides, how could one be hostile to something/someone which/who is actually the other half of their life - and has been, and will be forever?

As for the differences between men and women, I am convinced God conceived them intentionally, and with a definite pur
... See more
Joking about how someone is different from someone else, is also a way of accepting the difference - and not necessarily with offence or hostility

Besides, how could one be hostile to something/someone which/who is actually the other half of their life - and has been, and will be forever?

As for the differences between men and women, I am convinced God conceived them intentionally, and with a definite purpose - and He/She intentionally keeps silent on the subject, lest He/She spoils the pleasure

Um... I guess it's high time for me to put up with the obvious and start writing 'She' only...
Collapse

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
A soft one Sep 28, 2003

SOCRATES
-> De todos modos casaos: si dais con una buena esposa sereis felices, si dais con una mala llegareis a ser filosofos.

History records that Socrates knew what he was talking about. However, these words also prove that Socrates thought that all men were called to be philosophers. This is where I see the great superiority of Christianity. Christians think that all humans are called to be perfect. And when you are busy making yourself perfect you don't care about ot
... See more
SOCRATES
-> De todos modos casaos: si dais con una buena esposa sereis felices, si dais con una mala llegareis a ser filosofos.

History records that Socrates knew what he was talking about. However, these words also prove that Socrates thought that all men were called to be philosophers. This is where I see the great superiority of Christianity. Christians think that all humans are called to be perfect. And when you are busy making yourself perfect you don't care about other people's imperfections. (I don't consider myself a philosopher
Collapse

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:59
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
There will be too much collaboration Sep 29, 2003

I have read somewhere: War between the sexes cannot be sustained for long. There will be too much collaboration between the warring parties!
One Tamil poet remarks that men suffer women like an ailment but ironically the best medicine for such ailments are the concerned women themselves.
Narasimhan Raghavan

sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germany
German to English
Narasimhan Raghavan: Sep 29, 2003

Your library seems to be extremely dated and limited!

Narasimhan Raghavan wrote:

One more difference I would like to list:
The titles of books meant for the different genders are revealing. E.g. How to be a happy carefree bachelor, How to get your man to lead you to the altar.. Need I say more?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Training Offer: Becoming a Real Man

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »