Mobile menu

Off topic: Best wishes to all proz members on the occasion of Diwali
Thread poster: PRAKAASH

PRAKAASH  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 03:33
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Oct 24, 2003

Dear friends,
Diwali is a festival of huge enthusiasm herein India and Nepal (where I work out). This day, people worship Goddess Laxmi (Goddess of Wealth) and Lord Ganesha, as it is believed that goddess Laxmi visits her devotees' home at this pious night.
People celebrate this day by firing crackers, distributing sweets and last but not least lightens their house with candles and diyas.
Also, on this day, Lord Ram returned to Ayodhya after 14 years of exile and took back his responsibility of kingdom of Ayodhya.
I hope, blessings of Goddess Laxmi, Lord Ganesha, Lord Ram, Goddess Sita, Lord Hanuman may be showered on all of us i.e. proz members.

Happy Diwali to all of the proz members!
Anyone may feel free to contact me via email to discuss any kind of issue or topic to my email ID
prakaasharmaa@rediffmail.com
Please use any ONE of the following languages for communication-
English
Hindi
Nepali
Sanskrit

Thank You in Advance!
Dhanyavaad!
PRAKAASH


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 19:03
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Thank you Prakaash Oct 24, 2003

Thanks for sharing.

I'll light some candles tonight and think about you and your goddess, so far from here.

Claudia


Direct link Reply with quote
 

PRAKAASH  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 03:33
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
For Ms. Claudia, Oct 24, 2003

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

I'll light some candles tonight and think about you and your goddess, so far from here.

Claudia

Well, Today is Dhanteras and tommorrow it's Diwali, so light up the candles tommorrow.
You can buy kitchenwares and sweets today as many of the ladies does so for their family.
May Goddess Laxmi enlighten your spirit and wealth!
PRAKAASH
prakaasharmaa@rediffmail.com


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 19:03
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
But... Oct 24, 2003

PRAKAASH wrote:
Well, Today is Dhanteras and tommorrow it's Diwali, so light up the candles tommorrow.


But tonight (for me) it will be already tomorrow for you

I'll buy some sweets and candies, but I'm afraid they are going to have all these awful Halloween witches and monsters.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:03
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Thank you PRAKAASH Oct 24, 2003

for telling us about this festival. It is so nice to learn about different traditions.
Happy Diwali!
Monika

PRAKAASH wrote:

Dear friends,
Diwali is a festival of huge enthusiasm herein India and Nepal (where I work out). This day, people worship Goddess Laxmi (Goddess of Wealth) and Lord Ganesha, as it is believed that goddess Laxmi visits her devotees' home at this pious night.
People celebrate this day by firing crackers, distributing sweets and last but not least lightens their house with candles and diyas.
Also, on this day, Lord Ram returned to Ayodhya after 14 years of exile and took back his responsibility of kingdom of Ayodhya.
I hope, blessings of Goddess Laxmi, Lord Ganesha, Lord Ram, Goddess Sita, Lord Hanuman may be showered on all of us i.e. proz members.

Happy Diwali to all of the proz members!
Anyone may feel free to contact me via email to discuss any kind of issue or topic to my email ID
prakaasharmaa@rediffmail.com
Please use any ONE of the following languages for communication-
English
Hindi
Nepali
Sanskrit

Thank You in Advance!
Dhanyavaad!
PRAKAASH


Direct link Reply with quote
 
giogi
Local time: 22:03
Thank you, Prakaash Oct 24, 2003

Sharing our traditions is a sign of peace, joy and open-mindness.
Thanks, from the bottom of my heart!
Giovanna


Direct link Reply with quote
 

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:03
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
Happy Diwali Oct 24, 2003

and good wishes to you and everyone

Best wishes
Giuli


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:03
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you for sharing Oct 24, 2003

a tradition I did not know about and your wishes!

Happy Diwali!

Andrea


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Aisha Rishi
Pakistan
Local time: 03:03
English to Urdu
+ ...
thank you Oct 24, 2003

Happy Diwali to you too Parkaash and all the others who celebrate it. Peace

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 17:03
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Happy Diwali to everyone Oct 24, 2003

Thank you Prakaash for teaching us a little bit about for fantastic culture. I agree with Giovanna when she says
Sharing our traditions is a sign of peace, joy and open-mindness


It makes this place a better place and us, better people. Thank you Prakaash for sharing that with us.

Happy Diwali

Claudia

[Edited at 2003-10-24 18:04]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Lucinda  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:03
Member (2002)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Shub Diwali, Prakaash! Oct 24, 2003

Dear Prakaash,

I am not sure that I am writing the first word correctly, but through this medium I wish to extend my best wishes to you and your family on this festival of lights.

May the light of truth and honesty always light your path.

Lucinda Hollenberg


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Diogo Santos
Local time: 22:03
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thank you! Oct 24, 2003

I personally liked the part of firing crackers and sweets but how do I fire and eat at the same time? I'm joking of course

Happy Diwali to you too!
Kind Regards,
Diogo Santos


Direct link Reply with quote
 

A.Đapo  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 23:03
Partial member (2007)
English to Serbo-Croat
+ ...
best wishes Oct 25, 2003

Thank you.
to you and your family the best wishes for the festival of light.
Amra


Direct link Reply with quote
 

PRAKAASH  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 03:33
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You All for your enthusiasm and spirit! Oct 25, 2003

Dear Friends,
Thank You all for your enthusiasm and spirit and of course best of the wishes as well! Same to you all!
Here are few lines I'd like to share which was forwarded to me as Diwali Greetings and would like to greet you all in the same manner-
Diwali Lights

Lead you

From The Old To The New.....



May Diwali shed its divine
influence on the coming year
and bring you eternal
joy and prosperity.

May Diwali fill
your heart making this
a truly happy time
for you and in the year
that lies ahead......

Wishing you days filled
with gladness and cheer
May luck and good fortune
be yours in the New Year


Have a prosperous Diwali


Thanks to langclinic for these lovely lines!
SHUBH DEEPAAWALI TO ALL OF YOU!
PRAKAASH


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best wishes to all proz members on the occasion of Diwali

Advanced search






Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs