Mobile menu

Off topic: Any Peanuts fan among the Prozians?
Thread poster: Narasimhan Raghavan

Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:51
English to Tamil
+ ...
Jan 28, 2004

See :http://www.peanuts.com/comics/peanuts/meet_the_gang/
Peanuts was one of the first comic strips with more than two or three characters. Just like your own family and relatives, each Peanuts character brings special humor and insight to life. Click on the characters on the left to learn more about them.
For example: Lucy Van Pelt works hard at being bossy, crabby and selfish. She is loud and yells a lot. Her smiles and motives are rarely pure. She's a know-it-all who dispenses advice whether you want it or not--and for Charlie Brown, there's a charge. She's a fussbudget, in the true sense of the word. She's a real grouch, with only one or two soft spots, and both of them may be Schroeder, who prefers Beethoven. As she sees it, hers is the only way. The absence of logic in her arguments holds a kind of shining lunacy. When it comes to compliments, Lucy only likes receiving them. If she's paying one--or even smiling--she's probably up to something devious.
Quite enjoyable, I should say.
Regards,
N.Raghavan

Direct link Reply with quote

Silke Namuth
Germany
Local time: 13:21
English to German
+ ...
Thanks for sharing this Jan 28, 2004

Thanks for sharing this great site!

Silke

(long-time fan of the Peanuts)

PAS  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Very nice Jan 28, 2004

I've never been a diehard fan, but I did enjoy the strip - when I kept track of it.

Incidentally, please note that Snoopy started out as an outfielder and must have advanced to the prestigious shortstop position some time later!

Cheers,
Pawel Skalinski

Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
ahem... Jan 28, 2004

... were you looking for me? I changed my avatar just a few days ago, it was Snoopy before. I just love them!

Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:51
English to Tamil
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
He started as just a dog Jan 29, 2004

And became an outfielder some 7 years afterwards. I give below the notings about him:
Snoopy
Snoopy is an extroverted beagle with a Walter Mitty complex. He is a virtuoso at every endeavor- at least in his daydreams atop his doghouse. He regards his master, Charlie Brown, as "that round-headed kid" who brings him his supper dish. He is fearless though prudently cautious about "the cat next door." He never speaks- that would be one human trait too many- but he manages to convey everything necessary in facial expressions and thought balloons. A one-man show with superior intelligence and vivid imagination, he has created such multiple personalities as: Joe Cool, World War I Flying Ace, Literary Ace, Flashbeagle, Vulture, Foreign Legionnaire, etc.

October 4, 1950
Snoopy's first appearance. Here he is just a cute dog.

April 12, 1957
Snoopy's debut on Charlie Brown's baseball team.
I am unable to paste the respective strips as indicated above.
Regards,
N.Raghavan

PAS wrote:

I've never been a diehard fan, but I did enjoy the strip - when I kept track of it.

Incidentally, please note that Snoopy started out as an outfielder and must have advanced to the prestigious shortstop position some time later!

Cheers,
Pawel Skalinski

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any Peanuts fan among the Prozians?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs